osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Offical Google Checkout module for osCommerce Support Thread

Silverado05

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to add google checkout to my store as a payment option but not have it be the only option. What would be the module that I need for my store? Right now I just have paypal as a payment option and I would like to have more options for my customers.

My websites are

Kids Chair World and

Brianna's Bedding and Beyond

Either of these will do, I have the 1.2.5 version working on my site, I haven't upgraded to the other one.

google checkout

Edited by speed777

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys I'm having an issue.

I installed GCO 1.5 and it has been working for the most part, I'm receiving orders and am able to change the status of orders. It was until recently when I tried to add a comment to an order that I received this error.

When I try to add a comment, I get the following error message:

1146 - Table 'accessorytrend.google_configuration' doesn't exist

select google_configuration_value from google_configuration where google_configuration_key='USE_CART_MESSAGING'

[TEP STOP]

When I choose to only append the comment, it goes through fine and I see the following screen:

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/2293/96372710.jpg

When I choose to only notify customer, I get the same error message as above:

select google_configuration_value from google_configuration where google_configuration_key='USE_CART_MESSAGING'

[TEP STOP]

I've checked my SQL tables and noticed that google_configuration isn't there. From my research, the table should have been there when I installed GCO. For whatever reason, it isn't there right now.. I'm wondering how I can solve this problem without having to reinstall GCO because that was a painful process..

Can anyone help?

I installed GCO 1.5 and it has been working for the most part, I'm receiving orders and am able to change the status of orders. It was until recently when I tried to add a comment to an order that I received this error.

[TEP STOP]

When I choose to only append the comment, it goes through fine and I see the following screen:

I'm not familiar with accessorytrend but maybe when you installed it, it had an sql file and it overwrote some files.

[TEP STOP]

I've checked my SQL tables and noticed that google_configuration isn't there. From my research, the table should have been there when I installed GCO. For whatever reason, it isn't there right now.. I'm wondering how I can solve this problem without having to reinstall GCO because that was a painful process..

Can anyone help?

Edited by speed777

Hi there;

I need a helping hand please. I've installed Google Checkout

but I need to change whatever setting to allow for international sales.

Could someone please let me know how to do this please?

The more information I read on this subject my bigger my headache gets LOL

Thanks in advance

I'm installing the checkout and I'm getting:

Warning: include(/home/content/r/w/r/rwray54/html/ecommerce/www/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/r/w/r/rwray54/html/ecommerce/www/admin/modules.php on line 149

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/content/r/w/r/rwray54/html/ecommerce/www/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/r/w/r/rwray54/html/ecommerce/www/admin/modules.php on line 149

Warning: require_once(/home/content/r/w/r/rwray54/html/ecommerce/www//includes/languages/english/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/r/w/r/rwray54/html/ecommerce/www/includes/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php on line 43

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/r/w/r/rwray54/html/ecommerce/www//includes/languages/english/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/r/w/r/rwray54/html/ecommerce/www/includes/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php on line 43

I can't figure out where I've screwed up. Line 149 is:

include(DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $language . '/modules/' . $module_type . '/' . $file);

Hi again;

Thanks Speed. I did what the ReadMe said to do, but for whatever reason it is still not recognizing international shipping.

What am I doing wrong???

Sorry, I don't know what you did wrong, what you need is support, which I don't offer for free. Now I can answer simple questions if I already know the answer but to troubleshoot a problem like your's is not what I do. It just takes too much time, hours in fact. You can spend days working on a problem.

Edited by speed777

[TEP STOP]

[TEP STOP]

Can anyone help?

Create the table in your database, it tells you it is not there.

Bo

ok all installed and ready to install module in admin but, in admin my module page & orders page are oh slow to load.

If I remove from modules.php & orders.php the bit // *** BEGIN GOOGLE CHECKOUT ***

require_once(DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'googlecheckout/inserts/admin/ "whicheverfile"

all is ok & fast again.

Why, what's wrong?

Please help! :)

Hi again;

I've been doing some more testing and I found a glitch

When I run http://ladykbridalplus.com/catalog/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php

I get

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CASE in /home/content/l/a/d/ladykdelights/html/catalog/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php

on line 710

googled T_CASE error ..... fix is to put } on line 709 which is already there

Help?

Ok .... fixed the T_CASE error but now I am getting a login box

A username and password are being requested by http://ladykbridalplus.com. The site says: "Google checkout Basic Authentication"

I've tried my admin login and merchant id/key for both sandbox and production accounts but nothing takes.

Do I need to set something else up somewhere?

Ok .... fixed the T_CASE error but now I am getting a login box

A username and password are being requested by http://ladykbridalplus.com. The site says: "Google checkout Basic Authentication"

I've tried my admin login and merchant id/key for both sandbox and production accounts but nothing takes.

Do I need to set something else up somewhere?

You need to get your server authentication settings correct. You do this by logging on to your server and going to the panel where you see the icon that says "password protect directories." Use your google merchant id as the user and your merchant key as the password for the googlecheckout folder. Do this for both sandbox and live mode.

Edited by speed777

Hi Speed;

Thanks for getting back.

I went into googlecheckout folder and opened the htpasswd php and changed both the production and sandbox id/key and

tried to run the response handler again but the username/password box will still not take. I use GoDaddy as

host and I can't change password protect on the googlecheckout folder itself. I tick the folder and go to Permission

then go to Password Protect and I get a warning popup "one or more files are custom and cannot be edited"

Sigh ... I'm stuck again. I ran a test order in sandbox and am receiving an email from GC about the order, but

the order doesn't show up in Osc admin. I have the XML ticked in settings on the API page in GC.

Course this has nothing to do with getting international shipping set up LOL

I did find this http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,5157/category,1/search,google+checkout that says

the mod will remove restrictions international shipping but it says nothing on where to install it.

*Banging head against desk*

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

I started to install GC 1.5 but in the process noticed that the mod/contribution is going to step all over my USPS entries. Then I realized when Google said it's an alternative method of payment. I think they meant it will be the only method if you use their mod? Is there a GC mod/contribution that can be used as an additional option, and not the only option of checkout? Without stepping all over the OSC's mods? I want to provide my customers more choices not one choice. *fingers crossed*

Thanks in advance.

~Vid

Edited by videod

Hello all,

I started to install GC 1.5 but in the process noticed that the mod/contribution is going to step all over my USPS entries. Then I realized when Google said it's an alternative method of payment. I think they meant it will be the only method if you use their mod? Is there a GC mod/contribution that can be used as an additional option, and not the only option of checkout? Without stepping all over the OSC's mods? I want to provide my customers more choices not one choice. *fingers crossed*

Thanks in advance.

~Vid

I see there is an answer earlier in this thread but that version does walk on the USPS contribution as well. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

~Vid

Hi Speed;

Thanks for getting back.

I went into googlecheckout folder and opened the htpasswd php and changed both the production and sandbox id/key and

tried to run the response handler again but the username/password box will still not take. I use GoDaddy as

host and I can't change password protect on the googlecheckout folder itself. I tick the folder and go to Permission

then go to Password Protect and I get a warning popup "one or more files are custom and cannot be edited"

Sigh ... I'm stuck again. I ran a test order in sandbox and am receiving an email from GC about the order, but

the order doesn't show up in Osc admin. I have the XML ticked in settings on the API page in GC.

Course this has nothing to do with getting international shipping set up LOL

I did find this http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,5157/category,1/search,google+checkout that says

the mod will remove restrictions international shipping but it says nothing on where to install it.

*Banging head against desk*

I don't use GoDaddy so I'm not familiar with the features but you still have to find a way to password protect the googlecheckout folder. GC depends upon it so there must be a way.

I don't use GoDaddy so I'm not familiar with the features but you still have to find a way to password protect the googlecheckout folder. GC depends upon it so there must be a way.

ladykaren,

You need to contact Godaddy technical support if you are receiving errors when you try to password protect the folder.

Godaddy tech support can be reached at 480-505-8877.

Good luck,

~Vid

Edited by videod

I am still wondering if there is anyway I can install GC without having to write over the USPS contribution? I guess I should ask if anyone is using the USPS contribution successfully with the GC contribution?

Google installer says to do this:

2a. <osc-directory>/catalog/admin/modules.php (LINE 45)

Replace:

case 'save': while (list($key, $value) = each($HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration'])) {

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = '" . $value . "' where configuration_key = '" . $key . "'"); }

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=' . $set . '&module=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['module'])); break;

With:

case 'save': // *** BEGIN GOOGLE CHECKOUT *** require(DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'googlecheckout/inserts/admin/modules2.php'); // *** END GOOGLE CHECKOUT ***

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=' . $set . '&module=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['module'])); break;

My module has this on line 45:

case 'save':

while (list($key, $value) = each($HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration'])) {

//begin USPS Mod 01/24/2010

if( is_array( $value ) ){

$value = implode( ", ", $value);

$value = ereg_replace (", --none--", "", $value);

}

//end USPS mod 01/24/2010

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = '" . $value . "' where configuration_key = '" . $key . "'");

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=' . $set . '&module=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['module']));

break;

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Edited by videod

I installed the latest GC mod, but I'm having some issues:

1. There are no orders posted to my site, they look fine in googlecheckout server

2. The logs for the responsehandler are empty and googlecheckout has no errors

3. I don't see googlechecout servers coming in my side by looking at who's online, it used to be there in older versions.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks