• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Offical Google Checkout module for osCommerce Support Thread

Silverado05

OKay, delete or move your google checkout htaccess file.

Ok. If I delete my googlecheckout htaccess file. Everything comes up.

But if I add it to the root, to catalog, etc... everything breaks... ???? Where should it go?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. If I delete my googlecheckout htaccess file. Everything comes up.

But if I add it to the root, to catalog, etc... everything breaks... ???? Where should it go?

It's configured wrong, you should have it there but we'll have to put in the correct info. I have to go but we made progress.

Edited by speed777

It's configured wrong, you should have it there but we'll have to put in the correct info. I have to go but we made progress.

Gotcha. Thank you for the help.

I will continue to try and see if I can figure out the correct info. If I do, I'll post it here.

OK!

I updated my htaccess file in /googlecheckout/ to look like this:

AuthType Basic

AuthName "Google checkout Basic Authentication"

AuthUserFile /home/sites/.htpasswds/.htpasswd

<Limit POST>

require valid-user

</Limit>

And it seems to be working great.

I am not getting any errors on the Google Integration Console.

Now. I am getting this in my response_error.log:

Tue Mar 10 16:40:42 MDT 2009:- Invalid or not supported Message

No orders are showing up in the Admin. However, I am getting all the XML in the response_message.log.

Ok, update to the above...

I am not getting any errors in the response_error.log.

I am getting all the new transactions, state changes, etc... in the response_message.log

No errors in the Google Integration Console.

I tested my addon Empty Cart After Transaction with checkout_success.php in the Continue shopping URL and it gave the thank you message along with the item ordered info. When the user signs up for a google account, he/she gives their email address. This is then transfered to OSC when they checkout, thats how a new account is created in OSC automatically without the merchant having to entice the customer into creating one for himself.

Well, no more progress here. I can't seem to find out why GC won't pick up my domestic shipping methods. Still same error message when a customer tries to ship to a US domestic address in google checkout - "You do not currently have any valid shipping methods."

If anybody knows exactly what google does when it asks OSC about the shipping methods or can point me to the specs or files to examine, that would be great. I can't find any info on this error.

Again, the international shipping methods work. I have tried turning on and off various USPS methods and still same - domestic ones don't work, international ones are okay. Kinda sounds like shipping_methods.php , but they all look fine to me . . . and if you checkout w/o GC and use OSC, OSC uses them just fine.

Well, no more progress here. I can't seem to find out why GC won't pick up my domestic shipping methods. Still same error message when a customer tries to ship to a US domestic address in google checkout - "You do not currently have any valid shipping methods."

If anybody knows exactly what google does when it asks OSC about the shipping methods or can point me to the specs or files to examine, that would be great. I can't find any info on this error.

Again, the international shipping methods work. I have tried turning on and off various USPS methods and still same - domestic ones don't work, international ones are okay. Kinda sounds like shipping_methods.php , but they all look fine to me . . . and if you checkout w/o GC and use OSC, OSC uses them just fine.

What are the differences between the International Shipping settings you have and the Domestic Shipping settings?

I've installed this manually into my osc. I've verified and double verified the files and edits. When I put my items in the cart, go to checkout select shipping, then select googlecheckout, then order confirmation, then it redirects me back to the cart (shopping_cart.php)

Anyone have any idea whats going on?

Just wanted to let everybody know that my issue was solved.

I am not 100% sure, but after being up night after night combing through every bit what seemed like a thousand times, I after one last round of testing, having decided to give up on GC and just uninstall it, I decided to make one last change to the "Fancy Name" of my Domestic shipping method in shipping_methods.php.

There was a colon in the fancy name, and I reworded it to be without the colon. The colon had been put in there along with a delivery time estimate. Anyway, after that it worked.

Just wanted to let everybody know that my issue was solved.

I am not 100% sure, but after being up night after night combing through every bit what seemed like a thousand times, I after one last round of testing, having decided to give up on GC and just uninstall it, I decided to make one last change to the "Fancy Name" of my Domestic shipping method in shipping_methods.php.

There was a colon in the fancy name, and I reworded it to be without the colon. The colon had been put in there along with a delivery time estimate. Anyway, after that it worked.

Excellent! Glad you got it working!

I hope to be right behind you once I get the orders to show up in the Admin... That's the last item to be 100% functional!

Improvements to osCommerce Integration

I'm happy to report that we've recently made Checkout's installation and configuration much easier on osCommerce.

We've completely reworked the installation process by no longer requiring users to manually copy and paste large swaths of PHP code into their files. Instead, we've created an automated deployment app that does this for you by looking for the appropriate PHP insertion points and adding the code where it's needed. This should ease concerns about lines of PHP getting copied into the wrong place. If you want to learn more about the installation process, you can take a look at our documentation that contains a step-by-step walkthrough with screenshots showing exactly how it works.

The post-deployment configuration has also been greatly simplified. We've now grouped the most important fields so they're easy to access, and the rest have been moved to a detailed control panel. There are also descriptions in the walkthrough of how to fill in the necessary fields. Both the app and walkthrough are available here.

We're excited about the improvements to the osCommerce Checkout module. We invite you to give Checkout a try and share your feedback with us.

Ed Davisson

Excellent! Glad you got it working!

I hope to be right behind you once I get the orders to show up in the Admin... That's the last item to be 100% functional!

I have another idea as to why your orders are not getting to OSC Admin. In your google panel, under Setting/integration, do you have XML or HTML checked? You must have XML checked if you use php code to generate buttons and HTML checked to use Buy Now (etc.) HTML buttons. I'm thinking that maybe there's a conflict being generated by using HTML buttons and having XML checked at the same time.

does anyone know how to implement the following code for google checkout

<merchant-checkout-flow-support>

<parameterized-urls>

<parameterized-url url="https://shareasale.com/sale.cfm?transtype=sale&merchantID=XXXX">

<parameters>

<url-parameter name="tracking" type="order-id" />

<url-parameter name="amount" type="order-subtotal" />

</parameters>

</parameterized-url>

</parameterized-urls>

</merchant-checkout-flow-support>

it's the tracking code for shareasale, the instructions say to put it in the cart xml, but i don't know where that is

thanks soo much!

I've installed this manually into my osc. I've verified and double verified the files and edits. When I put my items in the cart, go to checkout select shipping, then select googlecheckout, then order confirmation, then it redirects me back to the cart (shopping_cart.php)

Anyone have any idea whats going on?

I seem to be having the same issue. I installed version 1.4.5 of the google checkout module last week and after messing with it for a few days I got it to work perfectly. I installed a few more contributions to my store (completely unrelated ones in my opinion) and now all of a sudden when I click on the google checkout button on the shopping_cart.php page, it just reloads that page. It used to go to google checkout and process the transaction.

I updated the module to the new version 1.5 with no luck. It still does the same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

does anyone know how to implement the following code for google checkout

<merchant-checkout-flow-support>

<parameterized-urls>

<parameterized-url url="https://shareasale.com/sale.cfm?transtype=sale&merchantID=XXXX">

<parameters>

<url-parameter name="tracking" type="order-id" />

<url-parameter name="amount" type="order-subtotal" />

</parameters>

</parameterized-url>

</parameterized-urls>

</merchant-checkout-flow-support>

it's the tracking code for shareasale, the instructions say to put it in the cart xml, but i don't know where that is

thanks soo much!

I've not done this before but try to add the code to catalog/googlecheckout/gcheckout.php before the final ?>.

WHAT A PITA

K, I've tried to install Google Checkout Manually and I'm getting errors. I've tried to install OSC, clean install on a bluehost site, FTP all files to my local windows machine, run the Google Quickstart install.bat, everything says that it's installed properly. FTP the files back to bluehost and the site comes up as an error.

HELP!

I'll start over again and post the errors that I'm getting but any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm sort of amazed that there isn't a sticky for this...

hey speed777,

thanks for the response, but i got a

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '.' in /home/*****/public_html/googlecheckout/gcheckout.php on line 726

on the shopping cart page

What's on line 726?

For paypal, i use paypal wpp since i do payments pro but there's a paypal already built into osc and for google, i use this contribution

Hello all

I will just like to know what are the add ons which can be used with os commerce

I have the following payment options which i want to put is this possible

IBAN (SWISS/EU WIRE )

PAYPAL

MONEYBOOKERS.COM

GOOGLE CHECKOUT

Credit Cards

hey speed,

it's the

the first line of code for shareasale

do you by any chance know what to put for the 3rd Party Tracking url in the admin part?

I tried putting the https://shareasale.com/sale.cfm?transtype=s...erchantID=xxxxx

but it didn't work

thanks!

Try to comment out that piece of code by putting a // in front of it.

The reason why the 3rd Party Tracking url isn't working is because you need to change some code in gcheckout.php

http://code.google.com/p/google-checkout-o...sers_and_Orders

Edited by speed777

For a long time now I have been trying to get the internation portion of my google checkout running.

Questions:

1. In the admin side of the google module, there is no place to set international shipping types for carrier calculated shipping. I only see it for domestic types. Is this correct or am I missing something?

2. I've tried to get it running by using the zone rates and have them apply to only international locations, however when I get to google's checkout page, it says that we do not ship to that country.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.