• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

installed X-Sell, now get the osCsid again

PJ2006

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I have the same problem. It is being caused by the cache system of the contribution. It puts the product data to the cache with session id, which should not be included. This is causing an important problem. If a customer visits the site and puts a product to the basket normally oSc gives a unique session id. Later on if it interacts to the xsell item then customers session id changes suddenly to the session id in the cache, and customer loose all the products in his cart. It is very important. Does anybody know how not to put session id to the cache data?

Thanks

Hello,

First, use cache only if you have both : xsell and enabled/disabled categories.

I added the cache system because i didn't have enough time to make the sql query nicely and quickly and these 2 contribs have already been installed by someone else.

So, don't install cache if you don't use enabled/disabled categories (comment lines //cache).

If you use it, and you have enough time to increase the slow sql query, it'll be better !

do it and update me :-"

"

In fact, if you use enable/disabled categories, one where in sql query is missing : "where c.categories_status='1'" and a left join onto "TABLE_CATEGORIES".

I hope this will help you. I'll try to check code, but at this moment i've a lot a work, so i can't promise something.