• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Removing Product Thumbnails BUT....

itelements

Hello All,

I am in need of some help here :S

When a user does a product search via manufacturer or category and all the products from the search show up, I want to get RID of the thumbnails BUT still be able to associate a thumbnail to that product for the purposes of the specials/latest items windows. I basically just want a list of all the products to show without having a thumbnail for every single item.

Is anyone able to assist me with that?

Muchly Appreciated:)

Paul

you need to go to the product display file and remove anything associated with an image. If you want to get rid of the images from the search page, you should do the same for that file also.

man of a reformed faith.

In catalog/advanced_search_result.php comment out all lines and cases with

PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE

As this 2 times

/*	 case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
	$select_column_list .= 'p.products_image, ';
	break;  */

and this 1 time

/*		'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE' => PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE,	*/

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

Hey Ralph,

Your code worked a treat :)

BUT I still have one problem. Your code removed the thumbnails ONLY IF the user does a search in the "Quick Find" field.

If they browse for products by selecting a manufacturer or via one of the categories I have setup, the thumbnails still appear.

Is there a simple fix like the one you've provided to get rid of these thumbnails?

Thanks again sir :)

Paul

Is anyone able to help with this query?

ANY help would be MUCHLY appreciated :)

The problem with what you're trying to do is that most of the product information is display through index.php, product_listing.php and product_info.php. These handle various page displays. You would need to go into these and experiment with commenting out references to "products_image" to see what each does.

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

Thanks for the tip Ralph!

OMG you are a master!

In the index.php file there is a reference to "products_list_image".

I simply had to comment that out and thats it!!!!!

ALL HAIL RALPH!!!!

Archived