• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

combining shipping costs dropshipper/my products

Illusivewoman

I purchased a full store with dropshipper products with a minimum $7.95 shipping,but I have added some of my own products to my store that will be shipped directly from me. My question is..how do I resolve my shipping?

If I recieve an order for a dropship item and for one of my items that is to be sent to the same customer,do I have to charge them seperate shipping? Also the Items (incense) that I'm selling is only $4.95 and to charge $7.95 shipping for a $4.95 package of incense is outrageous.Since most customers will probably want to use paypal and combine the shipping costs,how do i charge shipping so that my dropshippers shipping cost goes to them, and my shipping cost goes to me without overcharging my customer for a single order... :'( how do I resolve these shipping issues?........I'm so confused :huh:

If you have to pay 7.95 for shipping then you have 3 options:

1, Charge that to your customer

2, Charge less to your customer and lose out

3, Change suppliers.

Why not be sneaky and set up a special, for instance, 'buy a product (dropship) get one free (yours)' but still include 7.95 postage.

You'll still lose out but you'll be guilt free (and bankrupt by the end of the month but ... meh!)

SolarFrenzy

Solar powered gadgets at down to earth prices.

CheekyNaughty

Promoting British Design

If you have to pay 7.95 for shipping then you have 3 options:

1, Charge that to your customer

2, Charge less to your customer and lose out

3, Change suppliers.

Why not be sneaky and set up a special, for instance, 'buy a product (dropship) get one free (yours)' but still include 7.95 postage.

You'll still lose out but you'll be guilt free (and bankrupt by the end of the month but ... meh!)

Thanks for the reply....I think... :-" When I purchased the full store,I asked if I could also sell my own items and the answer was an emphatic yes....and they only made light mention that i might want to change my shipping cost...sounded so easy when they said it.

My main reason for buying this store was to sell my Art Dolls and Handcrafted Art works but I didn't think it would hurt to have a full store of items to start. Now it seems that I have to drop the dropshippers and go strictly for selling my items....which sux, because had I just purchased the EMPTY store in the first place it would of saved me 100.00 bucks...not a big loss but a loss none the less.

So now the issue is....individual shipping weights,insurance and locations. I'm use to selling on ebay where I have individual communication with my customers as to price,insurance(on my one of a kind Art Dolls) and shipping costs. I email my customer the details and they sent me a postal money order. I wasn't using paypal in these transactions ,but then again I wasn't sellin $4.95 packages of incense either...I can't see my customers wanting to go get a money order for a pack or two of incense...Ahhhh my heads swimming...it's like trying to put together a two sided puzzle.

So... would it work if i just put the individual prices on my items, and have them contact me for shipping(and insurance if needed)BEFORE they paypal me the total due? I don't plan on doing High volume sales,it's more Exclusive Gallery sales.

So anyhow...if anybody has a reasonable solution to this RETAIL RUBIKS CUBE...I'm all ears...eh... eyes... :blink:

• 4 months later...
Thanks for the reply....I think... :-" When I purchased the full store,I asked if I could also sell my own items and the answer was an emphatic yes....and they only made light mention that i might want to change my shipping cost...sounded so easy when they said it.

My main reason for buying this store was to sell my Art Dolls and Handcrafted Art works but I didn't think it would hurt to have a full store of items to start. Now it seems that I have to drop the dropshippers and go strictly for selling my items....which sux, because had I just purchased the EMPTY store in the first place it would of saved me 100.00 bucks...not a big loss but a loss none the less.

So now the issue is....individual shipping weights,insurance and locations. I'm use to selling on ebay where I have individual communication with my customers as to price,insurance(on my one of a kind Art Dolls) and shipping costs. I email my customer the details and they sent me a postal money order. I wasn't using paypal in these transactions ,but then again I wasn't sellin $4.95 packages of incense either...I can't see my customers wanting to go get a money order for a pack or two of incense...Ahhhh my heads swimming...it's like trying to put together a two sided puzzle.

So... would it work if i just put the individual prices on my items, and have them contact me for shipping(and insurance if needed)BEFORE they paypal me the total due? I don't plan on doing High volume sales,it's more Exclusive Gallery sales.

So anyhow...if anybody has a reasonable solution to this RETAIL RUBIKS CUBE...I'm all ears...eh... eyes... :blink:

You need to eat the cost. After all an item sold even at a $1 profit is still an item sold and a $1 made, customers are very unforgiving about high shipping charges. I think it all started from that free shipping at amazon.com....

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

Let me just make sure I have this correct...

First - You purchased an actual store or an online store?

I'll guess an online store since you're working with a dropshipper instead of a wholesaler.

Will the dropshipper sell and deliver products to you at a reduced shipping fee?

In all honesty I'd be a little concerned about selling a package of incense for $12.90 (cost + S&H). I can go to my local dollar store and pickup all kinds of incense for a buck. Even Wal*Mart is cheap compared to that. If you can't get a deal on buying stock from the dropshipper to have on hand, then I would concentrate on your items and look for a distributor of other items you'd like to offer for sale.

Don't look at it as a $100 lose, instead it is a $100 business investment (write-off) for an up-&-running store. ;)

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

Archived