• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Show Discount Within Basket

I have an os commerce website which offers discount the more you spend ie spend £50 get 10% discount £100 get 18% discount.

The trouble is that the customer cannot see this discount until they have paid (almost) certainly after they have put their credit card details in.

I would like to display the discount within the shopping basket so as they reach the discount figures they can see the money they are saving.

ie Goods £50

Discount -£5

Total £45

or something similar.

Your help would be much appreciated

thanks

Charles

• 4 weeks later...
I have an os commerce website which offers discount the more you spend ie spend £50 get 10% discount £100 get 18% discount.

The trouble is that the customer cannot see this discount until they have paid (almost) certainly after they have put their credit card details in.

I would like to display the discount within the shopping basket so as they reach the discount figures they can see the money they are saving.

ie Goods £50

Discount -£5

Total £45

or something similar.

Your help would be much appreciated

thanks

Charles

Sorry i cant help you, but hopefully you can. What contrib are you using for your discount. Cos i could realy use it.

I cannot help you either. However, I'm trying to apply a similar discount and cannot get it to apply.

I have applied the Order Total Module to osCommerce 2.2 successfully. However, when I tried to apply the discount, it won't show on the site. I am trying to give a 2.50 discount when ordering more than 1 t-shirt. Therefore, my parameters are:

XX:2:2.50:m

XX - Category

2 - Quantity

2.50 - Price Discount

m - money (note, I have tried q in place of the m as well)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.