• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Emptying cart before Confirm Order creates orphan Preparing [PayPal IPN] order

maoli

My apologies if this has been covered. After search for a few days, I can relate to the person's signature that says a good day is reading less than 20 forum pages to find the answer. Anyway, I'm trying to bring up a new ecommerce site as follows:

Config: osC2.2rc1, fedex_direct_2.07, sts_453

Payment Method: PayPal (including Credit Cards and Debit Cards)

Situation: Customer wants to empty cart from the Order Confirmation screen. They don't click Confirm Order but instead click Cart Contents set Quantity to zero and click Update to empty their cart.

Problem: The cart is empty but when they go to My Account it still shows the order with status Preparing [PayPal IPN].

This problem doesn't happen when the Payment Method is PayPal or Check/Money Order.

Is there a fix for this or do we just live with it? I'd be ok with it if it only showed in osC Admin but when the Customer see it their My Account that won't leave a good impression.

TIA