• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FEDEX SHIPPING RATES ARE OFF!

crosenberg123

Hello,

I set-up the fedex shipping module on my web-site. Most items on the site weight 3 lbs. When I check-out through UPS, 1 item weighs 4 lbs(1 lb. tare), 2 items weigh 7lbs, etc. However, Fedex says the same orders in the same respective order weigh 7lbs., 19lbs, etc. It is therefore charging me a ridiculously high price. Also, Fedex says it needs to split it into 2 packages for 1 item and 4 packages for 2 items.

I think my FEDEX is configured correctly:

Enable Fedex Shipping True

Your Fedex Account Number XXXXXXXXX (correct number)

Your Fedex Meter ID XXXXXXXXX (correct number)

cURL Path NONE

Debug Mode False

Weight Units LBS

Which server to use production

First line of street address XXXX

Second line of street address NONE

City name XXXX

State or Province name PA

Postal code XXXX

Phone number XXXXX

Drop off type 1

Display Transit Times False

Fedex surcharge?

Show List Rates? True

Insurance? NONE

Residential surcharge? 0

Enable Envelope Rates? False

Sort rates: High to Low

Timeout in Seconds NONE

Max. weight NONE

Max. quantity of ship boxes NONE

Tax Class --none--

Tier 1 Discount Weight NONE

Tier 1 Discount Percent NONE

Tier 2 Discount Weight NONE

Tier 2 Discount Percent NONE

Saturday Shipment False

Sort Order 0

Shipping Zone --none--

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I'm having the same type of issue. Looks like the default/base weight setting is 3 lbs. so an item that weighs 0.25lbs is being rated as 3.25lbs.

I did not see a way to change the default. The same 3lbs weight shows up in QuickBooks. There I can manually adjust it to whatever weight I want.

Anyway to change the default/base weight to 0.00??

I'm having the same type of issue. Looks like the default/base weight setting is 3 lbs. so an item that weighs 0.25lbs is being rated as 3.25lbs.

I did not see a way to change the default. The same 3lbs weight shows up in QuickBooks. There I can manually adjust it to whatever weight I want.

Anyway to change the default/base weight to 0.00??

I figured it out. In QuickBooks, I clicked on settings in FedEx dialog and set the weight to '0'. In osCommerce, using admin tools, I opened configuration and then shipping/packaging. there is a spot to edit the Tare Weight. I set that to '0' as well. it was previously set to '3'.

I ran a test and the correct weight is showing now.

Hello,

I set-up the fedex shipping module on my web-site. Most items on the site weight 3 lbs. When I check-out through UPS, 1 item weighs 4 lbs(1 lb. tare), 2 items weigh 7lbs, etc. However, Fedex says the same orders in the same respective order weigh 7lbs., 19lbs, etc. It is therefore charging me a ridiculously high price. Also, Fedex says it needs to split it into 2 packages for 1 item and 4 packages for 2 items.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I was having a similar problem with FedEx Real Time Quotes v2.07. One item would quote as 4 pieces, 2 items would quote as 4 pieces, 3 items quoted as 6 pieces, 4 items quoted as 8 pieces, etc.

To fix this I uninstalled v2.07 and installed v2.04 by Steve Fatula and everything works fine now.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Archived