• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how do I relocate product picture?

there are contributions for adding images to folders - but I guess your site is already filled with items. How many are we talking about, and by what do you want to separate them?

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

ok, I want the be able to put the product image in to folder like how the default shop had it.

For example I want to upload a image for a product, when I do it goes in the catalog/images/ folder. But I was wondering is there a way to make it so that I can upload product images in to separate folder like catalog/images/JJ_barrel or catalog/images/allen. That way I can find them images faster and easier.

there are 3 steps you have to do

1) install one of the contribs where you can determine which folder to upload to (remember: you need to create those folders first, chmod to 777 and ALWAYS keep the case the same - if I were you I'd use stricly lower case, believeme in this one)

2) in your FTP, distribute the images you had already uploaded, shifting them to the correct folders

3) in your database, add the folder to the image name for each image: shoe.jpg becomes manu_shoe/shoe.jpg

Step 3 is the trickiest, depending on a well structured store, you can run queries and then either quick edit the result list manually or run update queries. If that's all too stressful, wipe the images fields in the database and readd the images via admin (in that case, vipe the 2) images files, they get uploaded to the new folder, and you do not need duplicate product pics)

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived