• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Force Cookie Use Issues

94vg3

Hello,

I am having some issues with my SEO, Orders, Force Cookie Use.

Since I installed the Page Cache hack, my url now has the OsciD coding at the end. To take that off I set FORCE_COOKIE_USE to true, none of my customers orders are showing up in the admin interface. Someone please HELP.

SEO isnt working as the Oscid is now at the end of my URLS, and if I try to take it off using the cookie setting, no orders come up when orders are placed.

Hi Charlie, page cache is actually no longer recommended, even by the writer of the contrib.

As for the osC ID, it should only be visible on the first page you enter in your shop, and then disappear, if your config file settings are correct (first 9 lines of configure.php).

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

My problem is similar.

When i set the force use cookies to true, my customers cant access yours accounts pages. And the oscid dont appear on address bar.

But my customers need login to complete the checkout, and i need get off the oscid from address bar.

Do you know anything that will help me?

Tx in advance

Rafael

OScommerce Rocks!

You can use Force Cookie use if you install a full ssl certificate on your website. They are cheap to buy and give your customers increased confidence when compared to using a shared ssl certificate.

Vger

My problem is similar.

When i set the force use cookies to true, my customers cant access yours accounts pages. And the oscid dont appear on address bar.

But my customers need login to complete the checkout, and i need get off the oscid from address bar.

Do you know anything that will help me?

Tx in advance

Rafael

Rafael, your cookies are set correctly in your configure.php file? (Important in any case)

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

force cookies is good if You have adedicated SSL.

For any shared certificate the urls will change and cookies will not work,so with shared SSl we have oscid as the only option to be passed between two urls that had changed due to SSL url are being different from non SSl.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

• 3 years later...

I'm having a similar issue with my website.

I enabled cookie use from admin page, but now when I go back to admin page, I can't seem to log back in to do anything. It just redirects me to the admin login page again.

Could someone help please ?

Is there a way to turn off force cookie use manually? (through database, etc...)

Archived