• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

MATCHING PRODUCTS CROSS-SELL

homewetbar

All I could suggest is first backup and then do a search in your code for 5 or 6 and modify to 8 it should work...

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seem to be working well. What a great contrib! I am just wondering what I can do to have the matching products appear on the shopping cart page instead of on the product info page? Thanks.

Sam

This seem to be working well. What a great contrib! I am just wondering what I can do to have the matching products appear on the shopping cart page instead of on the product info page? Thanks.

Sam

Entirely different... It will take a lot of modifying of the code you will need to custom do this or hire a developer... I am not a developer but you could find one on odesk.com for relatively cheap I would think.

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

• 4 weeks later...

I tried this contrib and it worked great, install was easy. I uninstalled it though because I have a few thousand unique Sku's in my catalog currently and several more thousand yet to be added. I was wondering if there was anyway to have this contrib auto pick 3 items from random from the same category to appear if no specific SKU's are pre-set manually. I gave up after about 450 items of manually adding SKU's to each item, especially with the thought that when I add more items I will have to go back to all these items again to change the numbers for SKU as new similar items are added to get them in on the rotation. Great contrib, don't get me wrong, but for heavily populated existing stores it is a royal pain in the butt to go in and set up all those manual SKU's on each individual item, especially when adding more products for sale should be a bigger priority. If anyone knows of a way to add an automated feature when SKU's aren't manually entered then this contrib would really kick butt!

Edited by Kyrsten

I tried this contrib and it worked great, install was easy. I uninstalled it though because I have a few thousand unique Sku's in my catalog currently and several more thousand yet to be added. I was wondering if there was anyway to have this contrib auto pick 3 items from random from the same category to appear if no specific SKU's are pre-set manually. I gave up after about 450 items of manually adding SKU's to each item, especially with the thought that when I add more items I will have to go back to all these items again to change the numbers for SKU as new similar items are added to get them in on the rotation. Great contrib, don't get me wrong, but for heavily populated existing stores it is a royal pain in the butt to go in and set up all those manual SKU's on each individual item, especially when adding more products for sale should be a bigger priority. If anyone knows of a way to add an automated feature when SKU's aren't manually entered then this contrib would really kick butt!

LOL that's alot of SKUs to add matching products for. This purpose of this contrib is to provide matching results that are very specific to the item so that would defeat the whole purpose of the contrib if it randomly grabbed SKUs.

What I would suggest is using this contrib for SKUs that have true matching products to cross-sell and then using another for the products that do not, you could use some sort of simple logic like:

<?php
// MATCHING PRODUCTS
if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_matching'])) {
	$product_matches = explode(',', $product_info['products_matching']);
	$total_match_count = sizeof($product_matches);
	if ($total_match_count > 1) {
Matching Products Contrib
} else {
Other contrib
}
}
?>

I'm not going to go into further detail but you get the idea... There are some featured products, similar products, and viewed products contribs out there look for one of those for your other contrib.... :thumbsup:

i have the same problem! if there was some way that we can get this feature to get random sku's from the same category or we can select from where to pick the sku from! and it can show 3 or may be 6 related sku on the site!

please im really a noob with php!

i know nothing about programming.. the only thing i know is to follow the instructions carefully! :-D

please some one help us out!

thanks in advance

take care bye

outside links are not allowed in signatures

i have the same problem! if there was some way that we can get this feature to get random sku's from the same category or we can select from where to pick the sku from! and it can show 3 or may be 6 related sku on the site!

please im really a noob with php!

i know nothing about programming.. the only thing i know is to follow the instructions carefully! :-D

please some one help us out!

thanks in advance

take care bye

Read my post directly above this. This is NOT what this contrib was made for you need to use another contrib... This contrib is for highly targeted matches not generic matches, look in the contrib section there are plenty that do this generic matching you are talking about....

• 1 month later...

Hi Keith,

I think this contribution is just what I am looking for.

But I am a bit unclear on exactly how it is displayed on the catalog side.

I seen mention regarding a pop-up and not sure what that is all about.

Does it display the selected cross-sell products on the product_info page similar to what the "New Products for Month" displays?

How does it intergrate with the product description page on the admin side?

Does it add a sort of box where one adds the three or more related products?

Sorry for my confussion... :blush:

Edited by jhande

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed the contrib..........and now I don't have access to the products from the Admin or from the store. The error message is:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_matching' in 'field list'

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_matching from products p, products_description pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '998' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Where did I go wrong ?? Any suggestions ???

Thanks

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone.........

I installed SPPC 4.2.1a and would like to incorporate Matching products.............has anyone done this that could steer me in the right direction ?

Thanks

Chris

I have installed the contrib..........and now I don't have access to the products from the Admin or from the store. The error message is:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_matching' in 'field list'

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_matching from products p, products_description pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '998' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Where did I go wrong ?? Any suggestions ???

Thanks

Chris

I'm having the same problem here. Anyone care to lend a hand?

The code is looking for the field p.products_matching

Either you have removed it from the products table

Not added it to the products table.

You need to work out which one is correct.

If the field shouldn't be there then remove the field name from the code. Might need to delete other reference if there are more.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

The code is looking for the field p.products_matching

Either you have removed it from the products table

Not added it to the products table.

You need to work out which one is correct.

If the field shouldn't be there then remove the field name from the code. Might need to delete other reference if there are more.

Thank you for replying!

The products_matching field is there in the database table called products. Used the code in install file to alter the table:

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_matching` VARCHAR( 128 ) ;

The error shows up on the admin side when I try to edit a product and on the catalog side in product_info.php when viewing

a product. So I have no idea what's causing it. This is the third cross sell contribution I've tried to add. The first two ones were giving me a table does not exist error although these tables were created in the database. I'm thinking there is something wrong with my database...

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick note: There was indeed something wrong with the connection to the database server.

When that was sorted out, I went ahead and installed this contribution and I LOVE it!!

I added a buy now button and price display to the SKU's by borrowing code from the other cross sell contributions.

THANKS so much for a simple and effective solution for cross selling! I've tried other contributions without any luck.

This one's a breeze!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Great Contri, eveything is working exept one thing.

When I want to duplicate a product in my admin,

I get the following error:

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

insert into products (products_quantity, products_model,products_image, products_price, products_matching, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id) values ('5', 'CRJ003', 'CRJ003.jpg', '2.4711', now(), '', '0.01', '0', '1', '0')

It's just duplicate that won't work, It thing it must be something to do with my pictures?

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks in advance

Lili

Hello,

Great Contri, eveything is working exept one thing.

When I want to duplicate a product in my admin,

I get the following error:

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

insert into products (products_quantity, products_model,products_image, products_price, products_matching, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id) values ('5', 'CRJ003', 'CRJ003.jpg', '2.4711', now(), '', '0.01', '0', '1', '0')

It's just duplicate that won't work, It thing it must be something to do with my pictures?

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks in advance

Lili

You mis-installed something, revert to your backup copy and reinstall.

Hi,

One more Question,

can we link two products so both product ids show each other in their info page as related item (inherit or reciprocal Links).

I hope someone understand what I mean.

Thanks

Im not try this add-ons yet but maybe you can find this feature with Family product. Family product link each other in their product info as related item.

ok. I tried searching this thread, and nothing came up.

I am stuck on step 2!!

find (line 289) :

$product_query = tep_db_query("select products_quantity, products_model, products_image, products_price, products_date_available, products_weight, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");

replace with :

// Matching Products Contrib Edited Below

$product_query = tep_db_query("select products_quantity, products_model, products_image, products_price, products_matching, products_date_available, products_weight, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");

my issue is that i do not have ANY code that looks like what you suggest to replace. Now, i DO have the Additional Images code which has this code:

// BOF: Additional Images: Added: , products_image_med, products_image_pop, products_image_description
		$product_query = tep_db_query("select products_quantity, products_model, products_image, products_image_med, products_image_pop, products_image_description, products_price, products_date_available, products_weight, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id from " .

Am i supposed to try to merge the two together? I have NO IDEA what to do. Sorry if this is a stupid question> i am trying to install this contribution because i have the articles manager one, and the only people who have gotten the cross sell on the articles to work had this contribution as well.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Edited by lindsayanng

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

ok. i can NOT get the entire code to post.

Edited by lindsayanng

Lindsay,

After Products_Price in your altered code............add: products_matching, so it looks like this:

// BOF: Additional Images: Added: , products_image_med, products_image_pop, products_image_description

$product_query = tep_db_query("select products_quantity, products_model, products_image, products_image_med, products_image_pop, products_image_description, products_price, products_matching, products_date_available, products_weight, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id from " .

Chris

that is ok, even though there is none of this at the end like the instructions say?

. TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");

same with the next line of code??

I have this:

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " (products_quantity, products_model,products_image, products_image_med, products_image_pop, products_image_description, products_price, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id) values ('" . tep_db_input($product['products_quantity']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_model']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_med']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_pop']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_description']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_price']) . "', now(), " . (empty($product['products_date_available']) ? "null" : "'" . tep_db_input($product['products_date_available']) . "'") . ", '" . tep_db_input($product['products_weight']) . "', '0', '" . (int)$product['products_tax_class_id'] . "', '" . (int)$product['manufacturers_id'] . "')");

so instead of replacing, i just add

products_matching after products_price?