• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

MATCHING PRODUCTS CROSS-SELL

homewetbar

thank you homewetbear.

that's what I already tried out; I tried woth 2 products, 3, and 5.

doesn't seem to change anything.

I must have gone wrong somewhere but I can't figure out where..

I have STS current version installed - do I have to make any changes to STS ?

anyone got to work this contribution together with STS?

thank you so much for any ideas

I don`t thing, that you have to make changes into STS - I installed MPCS, too and it works as you can see here:

http://www.run-x.de/shop-2/catalog/product...;products_id=51

Don`t think that you have to make changes into STS.

OSC Webmakers Edition modiefied with many other contribs and enhancements.

+ STS 4.5.7 for 2.2MS2 and RC1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got this contribution installed and working well. http://spacomponents.co.uk/product_info.ph...;products_id=57

I have a dummy product that is deactivated so it doesn't show in the store, and this way the Matching Products contrib will display if there is only one matching product (see this example http://spacomponents.co.uk/product_info.ph...products_id=448 )

QUESTION: I need more than one product image per product. Any ideas of the best contribution to use that works alongside the Matching Products contribution?

I've got this contribution installed and working well. http://spacomponents.co.uk/product_info.ph...;products_id=57

I have a dummy product that is deactivated so it doesn't show in the store, and this way the Matching Products contrib will display if there is only one matching product (see this example http://spacomponents.co.uk/product_info.ph...products_id=448 )

QUESTION: I need more than one product image per product. Any ideas of the best contribution to use that works alongside the Matching Products contribution?

It will work with any extra images contrib. There are alot in the contrib section of this site. Big images works well for me, I think it might be called more pics or something similar.

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

• 4 weeks later...
I insalled it and it sometimes works and sometimes i only get the Matching items: header but no item under it ( i try the same item)

where is the link to the item

http://www.monpetitchild.net/product_info....;products_id=29

here is the code

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

// MATCHING PRODUCTS

if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_matching'])) {

$product_matches = explode(',', $product_info['products_matching']);

$total_match_count = sizeof($product_matches);

// Display only if more than 1 match

if ($total_match_count > 1) {

?>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_MATCHING_PRODUCTS); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

}

?>

<tr>

<td>

<?php

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {

echo tep_cache_also_purchased(3600);

} else {

// include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_ALSO_PURCHASED_PRODUCTS);

}

}

?>

please sombody help me here

thanks

Replace the code with this...

// MATCHING PRODUCTS CONTRIB

if (substr( $product_info['products_matching'],-1,1) == ',')

{

$product_info['products_matching'] = substr($product_info['products_matching'],0,-1).'';

}

if ($total_match_count >= 1) {

Graeme,

Installed it with no problems, thank you for this nice contribution. I tried two other cross-selling contribs before MATCHING PRODUCTS CROSS SELL, and yours is the best by far.

Thanks again,

EricK

Installed it with no problems, thank you for this nice contribution. I tried two other cross-selling contribs before MATCHING PRODUCTS CROSS SELL, and yours is the best by far.

Thanks again,

EricK

You're welcome. Glad you like it.

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

Graeme,

Thanks again,

EricK

Thanks, but it's Keith W.'s contribution - I just posted an update / suggestion. I agree, great contribution - Thanks to Keith!

Regards,

Graeme

Edited by GraemeN

• 2 weeks later...

I have used this contribution and love it. Now, I have rebuilt my site from scratch after scouring the contribs for all the features I want available in my store. My question is this ..... has anyone successfully installed this contrib with Open Featured Sets (contrib #4066)??? If so, how? My main problem is the merging of the queries used by both contribs, as they both modify the same ones. This is the final contrib I need to plug-in. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have used this contribution and love it. Now, I have rebuilt my site from scratch after scouring the contribs for all the features I want available in my store. My question is this ..... has anyone successfully installed this contrib with Open Featured Sets (contrib #4066)??? If so, how? My main problem is the merging of the queries used by both contribs, as they both modify the same ones. This is the final contrib I need to plug-in. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've never used that one myself, but it should work with any contribution.

I've never used that one myself, but it should work with any contribution.

Hi

Installed this a while ago and all is working but this morning I noticed a small error in my code and have tried all day to solve but can't. How do I add an "add to cart" button underneath?? I've done it but the product_id is ALWAYS the product you are looking at. When you pick "add to cart" the right product does get added AND you are taken to the "product not found" page

This is the code I have modded, I have just formatted it different

'text' => strtoupper($matching_products['products_name']) . '<br><br>' . '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $matching_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $matching_products['products_image'], $matching_products['products_name'] . ' - ' . $matching_products['products_title'] . ' Label Side A', SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br><br><a STYLE="text-decoration:underline" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $matching_products['products_id']) . '">' . $matching_products['products_title'] . '</a> (' . $matching_products['products_media'] . ')<br><br>' . $products_price . '<br><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $matching_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a>');

And this is the link I get

https://www.icr-records.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=236&action=buy_now&products_id=503&osCsid=1f24c.....

Note 2 different product_id's. 236 is the current item I am viewing and 503 is the matching product_id. I have tried all the "add to cart" functions and still can't get it to work.

Please could someone point me in the right direction.

Cheers

Ian

Hi

Installed this a while ago and all is working but this morning I noticed a small error in my code and have tried all day to solve but can't. How do I add an "add to cart" button underneath?? I've done it but the product_id is ALWAYS the product you are looking at. When you pick "add to cart" the right product does get added AND you are taken to the "product not found" page

This is the code I have modded, I have just formatted it different

'text' => strtoupper($matching_products['products_name']) . '<br><br>' . '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $matching_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $matching_products['products_image'], $matching_products['products_name'] . ' - ' . $matching_products['products_title'] . ' Label Side A', SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br><br><a STYLE="text-decoration:underline" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $matching_products['products_id']) . '">' . $matching_products['products_title'] . '</a> (' . $matching_products['products_media'] . ')<br><br>' . $products_price . '<br><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $matching_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a>');

And this is the link I get

https://www.icr-records.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=236&action=buy_now&products_id=503&osCsid=1f24c.....

Note 2 different product_id's. 236 is the current item I am viewing and 503 is the matching product_id. I have tried all the "add to cart" functions and still can't get it to work.

Please could someone point me in the right direction.

Cheers

Ian

No idea, that's a strange error, try reverting to your backup copy and reinstalling.

No idea, that's a strange error, try reverting to your backup copy and reinstalling.

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply. I have beaten my brain up even more today and it's still not working. I have tried adding the code for the add to cart in the specials, product listing & random products and using the original php file but all fail. From what I have seen today, the first products_id is correct and should be there. The second is the matching product_id but the module gets confused when there are more than 1 matching products displayed. The ID's get mixed up??? but all looks OK when I view source tho :'(

The product not found error is caused I *think* because I have only one of each item. When adding to the cart from the matching product the stock becomes zero so I get the error BUT ONLY if added from the matching products, the other 3 add to cart places work fine.

I'll percivere for another day, I've seen the product_status in the SQL, and then i'll give up. I've seen sites with and without the add to cart in matching products so it's no big deal. I just wanted it to be the same as the rest of my site.

Hope this sheds some light on the prob

Cheers

Ian

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply. I have beaten my brain up even more today and it's still not working. I have tried adding the code for the add to cart in the specials, product listing & random products and using the original php file but all fail. From what I have seen today, the first products_id is correct and should be there. The second is the matching product_id but the module gets confused when there are more than 1 matching products displayed. The ID's get mixed up??? but all looks OK when I view source tho :'(

The product not found error is caused I *think* because I have only one of each item. When adding to the cart from the matching product the stock becomes zero so I get the error BUT ONLY if added from the matching products, the other 3 add to cart places work fine.

I'll percivere for another day, I've seen the product_status in the SQL, and then i'll give up. I've seen sites with and without the add to cart in matching products so it's no big deal. I just wanted it to be the same as the rest of my site.

Hope this sheds some light on the prob

Cheers

Ian

This is a very "light" contrib meaning it doesn't modify the code much so I don't know what could have gone wrong. Did you install any other contribs at the same time that could have caused the problem? Did you revert to your backup and you are still experiencing problems? If so that would indicate something prior to installing this contrib caused the problem or maybe prior contribs are incompatible with this contrib so you cannot use them in conjuction.

Hi,

First thanks for this nice contribution,

Can we use this along with Easy Populate system, so we can add SKU in csv file for cross sell products and use easy populate to upload products.

It may be convienent for larger stocks.

Regards

zee

Zeeshop: I have no idea what you are talking about. Sounds like you will need to do some custom coding on your own to add these features you are wanting.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay forget my post above. Here's where I'm having problems.

Instructions say, in catalog/product_info.php ...

find (line 220)

<tr>

</tr>

<?php

add ABOVE:

<?php

// MATCHING PRODUCTS

if ($total_match_count > 1) {

?>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_MATCHING_PRODUCTS); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

}

?>

My product_info.php looks like this (it's been modified for other addons):

</tr>
  <tr>
	<td>
<?php

And I can't quite figure out where to add the code in the instructions. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by TWAC

Okay forget my post above. Here's where I'm having problems.

Instructions say, in catalog/product_info.php ...

My product_info.php looks like this (it's been modified for other addons):

</tr>
  <tr>
	<td>
<?php

And I can't quite figure out where to add the code in the instructions. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Stick it wherever you want the matches to appear. Play around with the placement until you find somewhere you like.

Stick it wherever you want the matches to appear. Play around with the placement until you find somewhere you like.

Thanks for the reply. It's just not showing any cross-matches at all. Would it have anything to do with the fact that OSC is installed in root instead of /catalog?

I'll wrestle with it a little longer.

Edited by TWAC

Thanks for the reply. It's just not showing any cross-matches at all. Would it have anything to do with the fact that OSC is installed in root instead of /catalog?

I'll wrestle with it a little longer.

The problem is that I'm also using STS ...

Go figure.

I don't use STS personally but if you read the prior posts others in this forum have been using STS with this contrib I think. Try reading over the old posts on how others did it.

Edited by homewetbar

Thanks for the contribution - just what I was looking for.

I added v1.1 which uses the standard content box format on product info page compatible with STS template, ensuring style is consistent with template and existing style. No changes to features or to admin section.

I installed it on a version of OSC 2.2RC1 with STS V4.5.4, and also checked it on a clean version of 2.2RC1.

This package modifies v1.0a moving HTML output to new module matching_products.php, using the existing contentBox() function. Full package included.

To show more than 3 products edit line 22 of includes/modules/matching_products.php and change ($count < 3) to ($count < 6) (for example). Products will be shown upto 3 per line.

To show the products vertically, i.e. one per line edit 32 of includes/modules/matching_products and change ($col > 2) to ($col > 0).

... I haven't tried either of these changes

This addon is great, thank you very much!

I applied the above code to show more than 3 SKUs. I changed it to 7; however, only 5 will show up. Is 5 the hard-coded maximum, and is there a way to get around that?

If you read what you just posted, this line is limiting your results to less than 6

To show more than 3 products edit line 22 of includes/modules/matching_products.php and change ($count < 3) to ($count < 6) (for example). Products will be shown upto 3 per line

Try changing that 6 to an 8...

If you read what you just posted, this line is limiting your results to less than 6

To show more than 3 products edit line 22 of includes/modules/matching_products.php and change ($count < 3) to ($count < 6) (for example). Products will be shown upto 3 per line

Try changing that 6 to an 8...

Hi there,

It's currently set to a 7. I changed it to an 8, and it still will only display 5 products.