• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How can I found out what version of oscommerce my site is running?

This seems like a dumb question, but I've looked through a lot of files, like index.php and others trying to see if I could find what version of oscommerce my site is using. Unfortunately, I did not find it anywhere. I am trying to trouble shoot a few problems I am having after ym hosting upgraded to mysql 5 and a lot of the contributions seem to no longer work. I am wondering what version of oscommerce the site is using to help me with this trouble shooting, but cannot seem to find the version info anywhere. I've even looked around in the admin part of the site thinking there would be an info link there or something, but I still haven't been able to figure out the version. So can someone please tell me how I could find out what version of OsCommerce is running on my site?

Thank you,

David Henderson

This seems like a dumb question, but I've looked through a lot of files, like index.php and others trying to see if I could find what version of oscommerce my site is using. Unfortunately, I did not find it anywhere. I am trying to trouble shoot a few problems I am having after ym hosting upgraded to mysql 5 and a lot of the contributions seem to no longer work. I am wondering what version of oscommerce the site is using to help me with this trouble shooting, but cannot seem to find the version info anywhere. I've even looked around in the admin part of the site thinking there would be an info link there or something, but I still haven't been able to figure out the version. So can someone please tell me how I could find out what version of OsCommerce is running on my site?

Thank you,

David Henderson

Hi David,

Actually it's not that dumb...I remember trying to find out that answer and it took me a while to find it (don't think I solved it myself - think I had some help from the internet).

Look in /catalog/includes/application_top.php:

// define the project version
 define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1');

Thank you,

David Henderson

It can be a difficult process. You can look in includes/application_top.php but if it says MS2, that could be any one of three versions. In that case, you need to compate files with those versions to determine which you have installed.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

It can be a difficult process. You can look in includes/application_top.php but if it says MS2, that could be any one of three versions. In that case, you need to compate files with those versions to determine which you have installed.

Jack

Ah, just my luck..mine says:

// define the project version

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce 2.2-MS2');

LOL:(

Archived