• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Line to separate product from product

reformedman

Hi guys,

When I pull of a category or a manufacturer, I get the default listing of products with image on left, manufacturer in the middle, price on the right and buy-now at the end.

The list of products occupy a large part of the page, and the color separaters are very close in tone with each other.

How do I put a line separating each product? Which file should I be editing?

Thank you.

man of a reformed faith.

You want to edit catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php

Put in at the end of the product display routine.

<tr>
	<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

You want to edit catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php

Put in at the end of the product display routine.

<tr>
	<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>

Thanks a lot Ralph, I'll try it when I get home from work today. Is that gif image included by default or will I have to create that gif image of the line? Can I use a <hr> tag instead?

The reason I ask is because I figure some people's resolution might be set for a wider screensize and therefore probably require an automatic lengthening of the line.

man of a reformed faith.

There are two groups of <tr> tags under one global <table>. I placed the <tr> group that you gave me before the first group and it effected the Line right before "Viewing 1 of 30 products". It added a black line 10 pixels high right above it across half the page.

I removed it and tried adding it after that <tr> group and it added the black line after the "Viewing 1 of 30 products, yet right before the body of the products.

I removed it and tried before the second group of <tr> and it added the black line right after the body of products.

I removed it and tried after the final <tr> group of the file and it added the black line as the last thing on that page.

I need help in adding a line between each product, across the entire body of the product main area.

Any help much appreciated.

man of a reformed faith.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived