• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Products with file

astropc2006

Hello. This is my 1st post in this forum.

I pretend do the following, but I don't know if that is possible.

I wanted that each product have an associated file.

That file would have the description of the product.

And that ficheiro was available for download, without I need to do a purchase.

The ideal would be, when visualizing the product, a link will be presented for the download of the file of the product.

Is it possible to do this?

Thanks fol all.

Hello. This is my 1st post in this forum.

I pretend do the following, but I don't know if that is possible.

I wanted that each product have an associated file.

That file would have the description of the product.

And that ficheiro was available for download, without I need to do a purchase.

The ideal would be, when visualizing the product, a link will be presented for the download of the file of the product.

Is it possible to do this?

Thanks fol all.

Why don't you just want the information displayed in the browser? The customer can then have the option of either saving the browser file or printing the information.

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

Why don't you just want the information displayed in the browser? The customer can then have the option of either saving the browser file or printing the information.

To do this, you would have to create a new field in either your products or products_description table.

Re-write the queries to both write the filename and read the filename from the table and then create routine to display the field properly on the page.

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

there are many methods to do this, the fastest would be to create a brochures folder on your server, add all brochures there and enter the url to this folder + file in it during product creation/edition in the product_url field. A new window will open for the link automatically.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived