• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

british spellings

Hi,

I've been asked to change things like - shopping cart to shopping basket, and catalog to catalogue -- things that are fairly prominent on the site... is there a simple way of doing this, or will i have to go through every PHP file that contains these words and ammend them? this is not something i am very confident with, so a simpler approach would be good.

thanks very much.

That's pretty much what you will have to do. However, there is a contribution for converting the shop to UK (sorry, don't know the name), that may help. You probably can't do a copy/replace but it may save you some work if you compare the files.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

hello again,

thanks for those replies... i have just discovered the languages PHP files. from there i have edited things such as the privacy and terms of use pages. is it not possible to change the terms 'shopping cart' that appears within the header and 'catalog' that appears at the top of the body of each page - in a similar way??

any help would be awesome.

thanks.

ok, i've found shopping cart and sorted that... catalog is proving slightly hard though.. i can find the section of PHP that outlines the catagory list on each page, but i can't find where i can tell it to use the word 'catalogue' instead of 'catalog'

anyone??

thanks!

no -- catalog in the body of the page "top >> catalog >> mp3"

you only see this as you navigate through the various product pages.

thanks.

no -- catalog in the body of the page "top >> catalog >> mp3"

you only see this as you navigate through the various product pages.

thanks.

Hi mangalo,

I'm a newbie as far as all this is concerned, but I might have what you're looking for:

If you go to catalog/includes/languages there are two entries for english (one is a folder and the other a php file) If you click on the file, scroll a short way down until you see:

define('HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG', 'catalog'); and change it to:

define('HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG', 'catalogue'); it will appear like this throughout your pages.

I hope this helps.

Rob

What are you using to edit the files?

Can you not do a global search and replace?

That's what I have done.

SolarFrenzy

Solar powered gadgets at down to earth prices.

CheekyNaughty

Promoting British Design

Archived