• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping Methods

Llangrannog

Hello,

I have read all the info that i can find on configuring the shipping module for decimal/Kgs to use in the UK including using the royal mail contribution. Has anybody solved this problem? I have tried all the usual 0.30 etc for the weight; there seems to be something about using the digit 1 to make anything work. I have tried just the handling fee but that seems to have the same problem, I get a £0.00 for shipping in the shipping methods box but the correct amount does show in the final balance and in the email/invoice. So i wondered if there was anyway that the shipping methods module could be remove from the page to solve the problem as i only intend using one carrier. Aldso can anybody advise on a flat rate per order and notr per item?

Thanks for any help on this issue.

Hello,

I have read all the info that i can find on configuring the shipping module for decimal/Kgs to use in the UK including using the royal mail contribution. Has anybody solved this problem? I have tried all the usual 0.30 etc for the weight; there seems to be something about using the digit 1 to make anything work. I have tried just the handling fee but that seems to have the same problem, I get a £0.00 for shipping in the shipping methods box but the correct amount does show in the final balance and in the email/invoice. So i wondered if there was anyway that the shipping methods module could be remove from the page to solve the problem as i only intend using one carrier. Aldso can anybody advise on a flat rate per order and notr per item?

Thanks for any help on this issue.

Hello,

I seem to have resolved this issue by trial and error by doing this; Find catalog/checkout_shipping.php go to line 254 and find this <td class="main"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_SHIPPING_METHOD; ?></b></td> then change to this <td class="main"><b>Shipping Method<?php //echo TABLE_HEADING_SHIPPING_METHOD; ?></b></td> I have replaced the php coding to define the table heading to simple html, there seems to be some kind of bug in the php coding that was preventing the shipping cost from showing correctly. All shipping modules now work with decimals and kgs.

Archived