• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how do i move shop to new location

callan

Copy all of the contents in the shop directory into the public_html directory and edit the two configure files to not use shop.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You don't have to retype, everything should be in your database. I've copied my installation often to another location and there were no problems. If you have you original /shop installation just copy it to your local computer and then copy it to your '/' - location.

By the way: do you never backup your data?

Where are those two configure files? I am trying to do the same thing, and moved the lot of files, but cannot find the figure files to finish the job.

Where are those two configure files? I am trying to do the same thing, and moved the lot of files, but cannot find the figure files to finish the job.

catalog/includes/configure.php

catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

GROUCHO (1895-1977)

tried and screwed up everything now ive thousands of products to re type out
It sounds like you forgot to change the configure files. But there is no need to re-do everything. Your old shop is still there. Just remove the index.php file from the root and it should work for you unless the file you were using for redirect was overwritten.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived