• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

problems after server upgrade to mysql5 even after following mysql5.txt

Hello,

I have been trying to troubleshoot this problem for over a week now, and I am just not seeming to get anywhere! Our host upgraded to mysql5 and of course, that caused all sorts of problems with the site. He did some modifications and got the site working again ( I think the modifications he did were the instructions from http://www.monikamathe.com/oscommerce/mysql5.txt). The problem is that there are still many features of the site not working. If I click on the printable catalogue link I get an error page with the 1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause' error. I searched the forum for that error and that's where I found the http://www.monikamathe.com/oscommerce/mysql5.txt link with instructions on what to do if an upgrade to mysql5 has broken your site. I checked all of the modified lines described there and it seems that those modifications where made already. I also checked the sql database and the three queries it said to run were already done. So since all of that is already changed, I don't know what to do to fix the problem I am having with the features. The BIGGEST problem is that when I am in the backend admin area and I click on the "Recover Cart Sales" link the page tries loading but never actually does anything. I just end up staring at a blank page that never fully loads. Does anyone have any idea what I can try and do to fix this? If I need to provide more info, please let me know what I need to post for you to be able to give me a push in the right direction:) Also, the person who originally installed oscommerce on the serverfor some reason decided to remove the catalog directory. All of the files that were in the category directory are in the root directory. Not sure if that is causing any of the problems or not. Anyways, liek I said, I have run out of ideas on trying to troubleshoot this, so if anyone can give me any suggestions to point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated:)

Thank you,

David Henderson

Ok well, I've looked through the forum a few times, and I haven't seen any similar posts, but I find it very strange that I am the only one having this issue. Should I just start from scratch and reinstall oscommerce and try to salvage as much of my old site as I can? Just wondering if this problem is too big to even bother trying to troubleshoot?

Thank you,

David Henderson

no no David, the list with upgrades (from my site) is just a copy of the upgrade instructions that were launched for default osCommerce. I added them to my downloads folder cause it's so commonly requested ...

Anyway, the printable (and also featured products, another huge culprit) are not fixed by this, as they are contributions and not part of a vanilla install. All contributions that have incorrect joins need to be fixed also. A developer should have been able to scan your whole catalog and fix everything, not only the items fromt the general list.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

no no David, the list with upgrades (from my site) is just a copy of the upgrade instructions that were launched for default osCommerce. I added them to my downloads folder cause it's so commonly requested ...

Anyway, the printable (and also featured products, another huge culprit) are not fixed by this, as they are contributions and not part of a vanilla install. All contributions that have incorrect joins need to be fixed also. A developer should have been able to scan your whole catalog and fix everything, not only the items fromt the general list.

Ok, so the fact that the site at lesat worked again after following those instructions means it did what it was supposed to do. However, in order to get the print catalogue and the recover cart sales working again, I need to go through the code and find what is wrong with those individual contributions? Just a quick question, what is an incorrect join?

Thank you for the response!

David Henderson

Incompatible change:

Beginning with MySQL 5.0.12, natural joins and joins with USING, including outer join variants, are processed according to the SQL:2003 standard. The changes include elimination of redundant output columns for NATURAL joins and joins specified with a USING clause and proper ordering of output columns. The precedence of the comma operator also now is lower compared to JOIN, LEFT JOIN, and so forth.

These changes make MySQL more compliant with standard SQL. However, they can result in different output columns for some joins. Also, some queries that appeared to work correctly prior to 5.0.12 must be rewritten to comply with the standard. For details about the scope of the changes and examples that show what query rewrites are necessary, see Section 12.2.7.1, “JOIN Syntax”.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/join.html

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived