• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I delete/change category buttons?

CourtneySF

Hi, I had someone else set up an osCommerce website for me last year. I changed what kind of stuff I was selling so I've been changing the whole theme etc. of my store. I poked around in the administration pages and figured out how to change the colors and titles etc. The only thing I haven't been able to figure out is how to change the category buttons. I saved my new button images over the old ones but I have some buttons left from the old store that I don't need and want to delete them. How do I do this? Thanks! :)

Hi, I had someone else set up an osCommerce website for me last year. I changed what kind of stuff I was selling so I've been changing the whole theme etc. of my store. I poked around in the administration pages and figured out how to change the colors and titles etc. The only thing I haven't been able to figure out is how to change the category buttons. I saved my new button images over the old ones but I have some buttons left from the old store that I don't need and want to delete them. How do I do this? Thanks! :)

First you have to figure out whether or not they have a necessary function where they appear on your pages.

If they don't, you can then search for the button name in all the modules and comment it out.

If it's in an html section type <!-- before and //--> after the line(s) it's on.

If it's in a php section type /* before and */ after the lines it's on.

Good luck!

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

Archived