• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Instalation on a local Web server (absolute newbiee)

Scorpyo

Hi everybody,

I have a huge problem.....

I installed Web-Developer Server Suite and have full working Apache web server with working PHP, but....

When I try to install osCommerce on my web server I get stuck on first step. It ask me for a Database server and what ever I tried I get a error messages.....

It seem that I need a username and password, but I can't find them anywhere.

Could somebody tell me what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Marijo

You need to install and configure mysql. When you configure your mysql instance, you will create a password for the root account. You can use this, user= root, password= whatever you set in mysql, But I would create another user and password to use for your oscommerce database. Mysql downloads and documents can be found at http://www.mysql.com/.

You need to install and configure mysql. When you configure your mysql instance, you will create a password for the root account. You can use this, user= root, password= whatever you set in mysql, But I would create another user and password to use for your oscommerce database. Mysql downloads and documents can be found at http://www.mysql.com/.

Thanks for an ansver, but....

I have installed Mysql when I install Web-Developer Server Suite and it set all up for me. I have working Apache web server and working PHP. It allso says that Mysql is working, but I can't find username and password that it set during install. I suppose that username is root but ....

If that is the case, if you have not already done it, download and install phpmyadmin. from here you can add users. You might want to look into adding a password to your root account also, as anyone can log into it right now. I'm pretty sure you can do that in PMA also, but I have never done it that way.

Archived