• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Added extra price fields, POST variable not working

Mita

I have 3 price fields and 3 size fields which I have added into the products table. I display the product description and the drop down list for price on the product listing page, have removed the link to the product-info page. The drop down list looks like this :

Qty Price

100 $50.25

500 $125.50

1000 $200.00

I had added some code on the modules/product_ listing page and the classes/shopping_cart page to make the selection from the dropdown list and pick the appropriate price accordingly. I am pasting the code snippets below

In the product_listing.php file :

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':

$lc_align = 'right';

$lc_text = '<form name="WhichPrice" action="$PHP_SELF" method="POST"><select name="price"><option value="prc1">' . $listing['size1'] .'   '. $currencies->display_price($listing['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</option>';

if ($listing['product_price2'] <> 0) {

$lc_text .= '<option value="prc2">' . $listing['size2'] .'   '. $currencies->display_price($listing['product_price2'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</option>';

}

if ($listing['product_price3'] <> 0) {

$lc_text .= '<option value="prc3">' . $listing['size3'] .'   '. $currencies->display_price($listing['product_price3'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</option>';

}

$lc_text .= '</select></form>';

break;

In the shopping_cart.php file, calculate function :

$product_query = tep_db_query("select products_id, products_price, product_price2, product_price3, products_tax_class_id, products_weight from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");

if ($product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query)) {

$prid = $product['products_id'];

$products_tax = tep_get_tax_rate($product['products_tax_class_id']);

if ($_POST['price'] == "prc1") {

$products_price = $product['products_price'];

}

elseif($_POST['price'] == "prc2") {

$products_price = $product['product_price2'];

}

elseif($_POST['price'] == "prc3") {

$products_price = $product['product_price3'];

}

This code was working fine but something changed in the server configuration and now the variable 'price' is not getting posted, hence the if condition in the shopping_cart file fails and the price displays as 0. I tried posting a simple text variable and echoing it in the shopping_cart file but even that is not working.

Anybody has any ideas what may have caused the program to stop working. Any other method I can use to get around this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I needed to get this done yesterday :(

the shopping cart class does not recognise post values. You need to add them to the session (similar to attributes) and can then access them during calculation - it's a rather dull and lengthy procedure....

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived