• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Sets

hp51089

I'm working with a client on their OSC store. They are in the business of conferences and wanted to be able to sell each session separately, all together, and then in packages of 6 (or another number of choice). Selling each separately is not an issue as that is what OSC does. :P All together is no problem either, just make it its own product. The "mini-sets" though is where it gets annoying. Because I can't update their site for the rest of my life, I need a way that they can easily make "mini-sets" with a custom number of choice (i.e. 2,3,4,5,6,etc). The idea is that they'll be able to pick any 6 sessions for a lower price. Currently, I've done this by using the attributes system. I've made 6 Options (Selection 1, Selection 2, etc.) and then I've made each session a value and added it to each option. This isn't a big deal for me because MySQL queries can make it easy.

So with all that said, if there isn't already a contribution that would suffice, what I would like to do is create a script that reads the product names of a particular category, makes them into attribute values, and then inserts them into the option of choice. Now I know this is very possible, and potentially very very easy; however, I honestly have no idea where to start. :( :P Any help would be much appreciated. :)