• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Reseting counter to 0

ozzy

I'm assuming you mean the counter on the front page that says "1234 Requests since Whenever" Look in the counter table in the database. Just change the value that's in the counter field of the counter table. That should do it. HTH

If every member of this board donated $1 to the dev team, that would be over $11,000.00. Don't you think this cart is worth at least a $1????

• 1 year later...

If you're talking about the "counter" in the footer the best way to reset it is to remove it altogether. It makes you look unprofessional. Nobody cares how much or very likely how little traffic you get.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Hi,

How do i reset the counter to 0?

Try this via your DB admin.

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `counter`;

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `counter` (

`startdate` char(8) default NULL,

`counter` int(12) default NULL,

KEY `startdate` (`startdate`)

) TYPE=MyISAM;

INSERT INTO `counter` VALUES ('20060101', 0);

20060101 is the date 0 is the counter

The Padre

Best way is use your phpmyadmin if you do have it and also like Ron said remove the footer completely or if you need the date get rid of the counter part

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Im interested in having a counter for my own info as to how many customers I get on my site. How do I set one up so that only I see it?

Thanks, Diana

Best way is use your phpmyadmin if you do have it and also like Ron said remove the footer completely or if you need the date get rid of the counter part

Archived