• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Shipping - 1.0 lbs changes to 1.1 lbs on Checkout

adminsec

Hi ...

I am new to OSCommerce, but have some technical background ... so I think I know what I am doing :) I have my store up and running (MS2.2 ) and few catalog entries. I got my USPS id and am working off the production server. My catalog entries have integer values for weights , 1 or 2 or 3. Tare is set to 0. When I add a single item to the cart that has a weight of 1 and checkout, it displays 1 x 1.1lbs. Obviously, it calculates the cost based on 2 lbs. If I add qty two (2) items at 1 lb each, it indicates 2.2lbs

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance ....

S. Craft

I wouldn't see that as a problem at all because if you think about it you are just listing the products weight without packing. So once you add packaging it will make that total go up cause of weight thus making the price go up. So If I remember correctly on the USPS module automatically takes the packaging into account when making the quote. I always add a pound or two extra to the product weight I add to the product info to account for packaging because I also use UPS. So it is better to over quote then not quote enough and having to pay for some of the shipping out of your pocket. Since you really don't have control over the real time quotes the way you can cover yourself is to add a pound or two to cover your cost if need be.

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi ...

I am new to OSCommerce, but have some technical background ... so I think I know what I am doing :) I have my store up and running (MS2.2 ) and few catalog entries. I got my USPS id and am working off the production server. My catalog entries have integer values for weights , 1 or 2 or 3. Tare is set to 0. When I add a single item to the cart that has a weight of 1 and checkout, it displays 1 x 1.1lbs. Obviously, it calculates the cost based on 2 lbs. If I add qty two (2) items at 1 lb each, it indicates 2.2lbs

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance ....

S. Craft

Hi ...

I had the same problem a few minutes ago. Here's the fix:

Go to your Administration Tool > Configuration > Shipping/Packing ... and change the value of "Large packages - percentage increase" to 0.

-M

Archived