• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

can i change the colour of my background from blue to pink?

doodledaisy

how do i do this? Im not very good with technical jargon :blink: , if someone could help me that would be great...pretty please!

my website is www.doodledaisy.net

thanks all

Rebecca

Try going to ur stylesheet.css and find the bit that defines your background, probly will be under fixed width class... change the hex code their (google search for the html hex colour you want). You site is kickass for not being very techno jargonie :). Hope this helps

Try going to ur stylesheet.css and find the bit that defines your background, probly will be under fixed width class... change the hex code their (google search for the html hex colour you want). You site is kickass for not being very techno jargonie :). Hope this helps

oh god! that was all mumbo jumbo to me! hehe, does it look alright? thought you were going to say it looks pants. i will give it a go what you said, i don;t know where to start though, how do i get to my stylesheet?

thanks for help

Rebecca,

If you don't mind my asking, how did you get your oscommerce to look so different from the default setup? That looks like it took some major coding?

- Jeremy

Rebecca,

If you don't mind my asking, how did you get your oscommerce to look so different from the default setup? That looks like it took some major coding?

- Jeremy

what do you mean? i really haven't done anything with the coding? my step mum has helped me a bit by changing the picture in the centre but that is it?

im sstuck on changing the background, anyone help?

what do you mean? i really haven't done anything with the coding? my step mum has helped me a bit by changing the picture in the centre but that is it?

im sstuck on changing the background, anyone help?

Jeremy, would you know how i change the background have found the colour i want on google, but what bit do i change? sorry i really am this thick when it comes to all of this

oh okay. yous store just looks WAY different from the default oscommerce store. I guess someone else made it for you, and you are just trying to edit it now?

anyway, tell me what the hexidecimal color is that you want to change your background color to, and I'll post a code that you can use.

oh okay. yous store just looks WAY different from the default oscommerce store. I guess someone else made it for you, and you are just trying to edit it now?

anyway, tell me what the hexidecimal color is that you want to change your background color to, and I'll post a code that you can use.

it is #ffb6c1

thanks Jeremy, my mum sells the sites, i bought this one from her, it didnt look any different from when i bought it, apart from the pictures. maybe my mum is more intelligent than i thought :) but she didnt tell me she had changed anything, i will ask her though, thanks jeremy

okay,

in your site's file manager, or through ftp, you need to find your stylesheet.css file, which should be in right in your "catalog" folder.

when you have your stylesheet.css file open, scroll down a little bit. you should see a piece of code that looks like this (please note that I am assuming that the blue you have currently is #0067a6... it may not be, but that is the color I entered in the code below):

BODY {

background: #0067a6;

color: #000000;

margin: 0px;

}

Change the background line in that code to this:

background: #ffb6c1;

then save your stylesheet.css file (if you are using your site's file manager), or upload the your freshly altered file back inside your catalog folder (if using FTP), and the background color should change to pink for you when you reload your site.

Hope that helps. I tried not to use too much jargon.

- Jeremy

okay,

in your site's file manager, or through ftp, you need to find your stylesheet.css file, which should be in right in your "catalog" folder.

when you have your stylesheet.css file open, scroll down a little bit. you should see a piece of code that looks like this (please note that I am assuming that the blue you have currently is #0067a6... it may not be, but that is the color I entered in the code below):

BODY {

background: #0067a6;

color: #000000;

margin: 0px;

}

Change the background line in that code to this:

background: #ffb6c1;

then save your stylesheet.css file (if you are using your site's file manager), or upload the your freshly altered file back inside your catalog folder (if using FTP), and the background color should change to pink for you when you reload your site.

Hope that helps. I tried not to use too much jargon.

- Jeremy

YOU'RE A STAR JEREMY I WILL GIVE IT A GO NOW! THANKYOU X

no problem, glad to be of help. i know it's hard to find people willing to reply to your posts around here.

well then you are a star! mind you no one replied to my post yesterday, so i am very grateful for your reply, and it will take me time but think i have worked it out, do you change the font the same sort of way?

Rebecca,

your stylesheet.css file is a type of guide for how your site will look. In it are things like your background color (which was changed), your link color, your body text color, etc etc. And also in it should be the types of fonts that your site will use. Just scroll around that file and look at all the different examples, and if you're feeling brave, change a font value, or hexidecimal color, or whatever, and then see what it does to your site. That's the best way to figure that kind of stuff out.

BUT, MAKE SURE YOU SAVE YOUR STYLESHEET.CSS FILE SOMEWHERE ON YOUR COMPUTER IN CASE YOU CHANGE IT TO THE POINT THAT IT MESSES THINGS UP AND YOU CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU DID!!!!

That way, if you change things beyond recognition and want to start over, just find that stylesheet.css file that you saved on your computer somewhere and upload that one to replace the "messed-with" file. You will be much happier at the end of the day if you have original backups of any and all files that you change around. It's just a sort of way to go back and start fresh.

So, hope that helps, and happy editing!

- Jeremy

Archived