• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Editing the footer?

wilde

I have a quick question regarding editing teh footer and the user policy regarding OsCommerce. Can I remove the "powered by OsCommerce" within the footer of the site? If this isn't against the Policy of OsCommerce than which file do i amend to allow me to see these changes?

Thanks!!!

You can remove the Powered by OsCommerce if you have modified the design with your custom design enough to set it apart from the original osc design. You can not remove the oscommerce from the admin section.

I am not too sure where that information has been move to but I think it use to be a stick for the forums somewhere.

I have a quick question regarding editing teh footer and the user policy regarding OsCommerce. Can I remove the "powered by OsCommerce" within the footer of the site? If this isn't against the Policy of OsCommerce than which file do i amend to allow me to see these changes?

Thanks!!!

If you mean by "this" you are talking about the osc copyright notice

Open the english.php file and locate the copyright code on line 317

define('FOOTER_TEXT_BODY', 'Copyright © ' . date('Y') . ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . STORE_NAME . '</a><br>Powered by <a href="http://www.oscommerce.com" target="_blank">osCommerce</a>');

change to this

define('FOOTER_TEXT_BODY', 'anything you want to put here');

do not remove the last php tag below the footer text body

how do you remove this from the footer? when i do it in the index page in english it comes up with errors

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I have a question about footers.

Is there a way to edit the php code to allow for different footers per page within the site.

Better yet, Is there a way to have a footer text file that appears only on the index page.

I have altered the footer.php to include a text file but that seems to appear on every page

and I really need it on only the index page.

Any and all comments are welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Something along these line:

<?php
 if ( basename($PHP_SELF) == FILENAME_DEFAULT ) {
//  code for index page footer here
 } else {
//  code for all other footers here
 }
?>

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived