• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Stretching the width of the page to fit the screen

Benjjj6

Hi

Is it possible to stretch the width of the page based on the resolution of the customers screen. I ask because i've seen this on alot of websites and currently my site fills the whole page on my laptop that uses a 1024 x 768 resolution and looks really good, whilst my desktop uses a resolution of 1280 x 1024 and my sites looks sort of funny because it is centered in the middle of the screen.

Is it possible to make the site stretch and shrink dependin on the width of the customers screen, can you do this with OsCommerce?

thanks,

Ben :thumbsup:

Hi

Is it possible to stretch the width of the page based on the resolution of the customers screen. I ask because i've seen this on alot of websites and currently my site fills the whole page on my laptop that uses a 1024 x 768 resolution and looks really good, whilst my desktop uses a resolution of 1280 x 1024 and my sites looks sort of funny because it is centered in the middle of the screen.

Is it possible to make the site stretch and shrink dependin on the width of the customers screen, can you do this with OsCommerce?

thanks,

Ben :thumbsup:

If you don't change HTML/CSS coding for the layout in the "as supplied" osCommerce, then your shop will stretch to fill the screen. My shop will fill the screen from 800x600 up to 1280x1024 with no problem!

oh right, is there no way to do it once you have changed it?

I guess because i'm using images and stuff they cant exactly stretch?

Someone may prove me wrong, but I don't think you can make images stretch according to the screen resolution. If you reaaly need the images to vary then write some javascript that loads an image according to the screen resolution.

Archived