• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installing Connection problem

Manic Man

Hi,

When i install, everything goes find and all the fields are created in the database but on the final page of installing it comes up:

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: A link to the server could not be established

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in

The files it says it has problems with is Database.php (in the Install/Includes/Funcations) line 29 and Line 35 of that file.

Then i click on the catalog file then i get the following error:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Unknown MySQL server host 'mysql.globalgold.co.uk ' (1) in <SITE>/catalog/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

Same problem on the Admin pannel.. So the problem is it cannot connect to the server BUT it must have been able to connect to add all the tables needed... any clues?

okay. it was the space problem.. i didn't think it was because i made sure there wasn't any spaces where they shouldn't be when setting it up but spaces appeared in the config files.. maybe i missed one...

Archived