• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google Checkout and other modules

OhYeah

Does anyone know how to make the Google Checkout module work with other modules, specifically one designed for setting shipping prices based on individual products and another designed to generate the proper tax rates for Florida's counties?

Here are the modules in question.

Individual Product Shipping Prices module:

www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1333

Florida County Based Tax Zones:

www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2046

Google Checkout:

www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4556

Both the Individual Shipping and Florida Tax modules work fine without Google Checkout. But, after installing GC, the GC module then causes the real Google Checkout process to crash (when used with Individual Product Shipping Prices) or the GC module fails to use the proper sales tax data generated by the Florida tax module.

Anyone know how to modify the GC module to force it to use the proper data in the proper way that is generated by these other two modules? The Individual Shipping module generates a shipping price that could be used by GC as a flat-rate shipping price (instead of causing GC to crash), and the GC module seems to be improperly using the tax data at its disposal generated by the Florida tax module.

These would seem to be simple fixes, but not being much of a PHP programmer, I can't seem to solve the pretty-complex GC module code.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Why do you need a contribution for taxes? Is Florida Sales tax different from county to county?

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

Why do you need a contribution for taxes? Is Florida Sales tax different from county to county?

Florida's state-imposed sales tax is 6%. Counties have the option to tack an additional "discretionary" sales tax on top of that 6%, such as an additional 0.5% or 1% or 1.5%. It varies from county to county. For Florida-based merchants, the state then collects the whole thing (6.5%, 7%, or whatever) from the merchant and distributes the discretionary tax dollars back down to the county governments. Florida merchants are supposed to collect the state sales tax and the discretionary sales tax that applies to the Florida county where the merchandise is delivered.

The Florida tax module I mentioned above draws the county tax rate from a table, based on the county of the registered Florida buyer, and then uses that tax rate for the transaction.

The Google Checkout module is not passing that county-based tax rate over to the real Google Checkout. Instead of passing the correct tax rate, it passes the very first tax rate that appears in the data table, ignoring the subsequent data.

Man that sucks, here the whole State has one set sales tax. On another note must be nice to only have 6% sales tax or at the most 7%. Here it is 8.25%. I would address this issue over at the Google Checkout boards for OSC Google checkout. You would probably find a better answer there as the developer to that module offers support there.

http://groups.google.com/group/google-chec...-support/topics

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

Man that sucks, here the whole State has one set sales tax. On another note must be nice to only have 6% sales tax or at the most 7%. Here it is 8.25%. I would address this issue over at the Google Checkout boards for OSC Google checkout. You would probably find a better answer there as the developer to that module offers support there.

http://groups.google.com/group/google-chec...-support/topics

Good suggestion. Actually I had already tried that, at least with the Individual Product Shipping Prices module, but to no avail.

I need both of these functions (Individual Product Shipping Prices and Florida county tax) for my store. I've been hoping to rely heavily on Google Checkout, but it's starting to look like I might have to ditch GC altogether. :'(

Which GC module are you using.

Yea you are using the right one. Their are a couple of others floating around but that one is the offical GC module. Just wanted to make sure you were using the correct one.