• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I get the page name in the address bar?

Ausgirl

Hello,

When using the extra pages info mod it shows the extra info pages in the address bar.

How do I get my url in the address bar to be http://www.mysite.com/samples.php instead of http://www.mysite.com/extra_info_pages.php?pages_id=7

I tried the fix that was posted that I found searching the forum, but it did nothing at all.

Thanks

the quickest way to do this is to make a samples.php page and then put a single line of code in it

<? include ('/extra_info_pages.php?pages_id=7') ; ?>

you will have to do this for every page. We do it for a few of our main sections on our site and then the rest of the urls are dynamic.

Best Regards,

Salvatore Iozzia

Loaded Commerce - Oscommerce - All Loaded Up.

How many extra pages do you have that you need to do this on? If you don't have many just rename extra_info_pages.php to whatever it is you want. Just make sure you add it to the filenames.php and make the change in the actually file so it calls the correct language files etc.

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

How many extra pages do you have that you need to do this on? If you don't have many just rename extra_info_pages.php to whatever it is you want. Just make sure you add it to the filenames.php and make the change in the actually file so it calls the correct language files etc.

I have nine at the moment (The mod states that thats all you can have) but I just add more in the admin/extra_info_pages.php with a duplicate of this <option value="6" <? if($page_type == 6) { echo 'selected="selected"'; } ?>>6 - Other </option> just changing the 6 to 7 or whatever number Im up to.

I need the address bar to have the page name rather than the extra_info_pages to help me with the search engines. If you would like to see what I have for the info pages, they are in the Help desk.

Thanks

Ok like I explained above just rename the /extra_info_pages.php to the name of the page. For example the first one would be giveaways.php, next one would be layby_conditions.php just make sure everything is in lower case. Then go to your includes/filenames and change the extra_info_pages.php to giveaways.php etc and so on for each page. You will need to open each file and change the includes to the language file as well and then make sure you links are pointing to the right file in the news desk box for example:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_GIVEAWAYS) . '">' . BOX_NEWS_DESK_GIVEAWAYS . '</a><br>' .

Should be a piece of cake.

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

Ok like I explained above just rename the /extra_info_pages.php to the name of the page. For example the first one would be giveaways.php, next one would be layby_conditions.php just make sure everything is in lower case. Then go to your includes/filenames and change the extra_info_pages.php to giveaways.php etc and so on for each page. You will need to open each file and change the includes to the language file as well and then make sure you links are pointing to the right file in the news desk box for example:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_GIVEAWAYS) . '">' . BOX_NEWS_DESK_GIVEAWAYS . '</a><br>' .

Should be a piece of cake.

Im not quite understanding (a bit clueless) :blink: I cant change the file name from extra_info_pages.php as there is only one file with that name, if I change it then all the pages will have the same name, its the same with the filenames.php & language files. As Im using the contribution extra pages info manager with admin, I dont know why it just doesnt do it for you, when using the information pages unlimited contribution, it just does it for you, is there not a way that by adding some extra code to the contribution that it will do the same?

Thanks

Archived