• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Download link not showing---FIXED!

toddarice

Okay. After reading all the help people gave, I, like others, still had no link. So I started from scratch and here is how I made it work:

1. I added "Downloadable" as a manufacturer.

2. Then for the download, you have to select "downloadable" as the manufacturer. {in product description} Leave weight, url and stock amount blank.

3. In "Catalog/Categories/Products", I noticed that every catagory was set to "0" as sort order. Set everything to a value-i.e. [Downloads-sort order -"1"], [candy - sort order--"2"], [t-shirts - sort order--"3"], etc.

4. Now do everything Cyber2000 said to do in his tutorial here:http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?

5. Now, when you have done all this, the link will be like in the screenshot below. (after you set the order to delivered)

This has fixed the problem for 5 people so far. Hope it helps you!

T.

link.jpg

And I also figure one shouldn't have to read a thousand posts and spend so many hours (as many here did) before an answer turns up.

I look at it like this-if I got minimum wage for every hour that people spent on this issue, I would've made more than some people make in a year.

I don't know if the combination of tuts (yours and/or Cyber2000's) and what I learned and posted above are a cure-all, but I hope so. I only posted this morning, and have had 8 people tell me that this fixed the problem. So maybe we're on the right track. Although, I believe if someone with a lot of knowledge like yourself put together a better manual including everything that has been learned, they could make a pretty penny. I would've paid, and other people have already stated the same thing. Thank you for your hard work, Bill. We appreciate it, even if some don't say it. :thumbsup:

Todd

p.s.-I believe the answer lies in the sort order more than anything. Incidentally, my store's database is on a secure server, while the store files are not. Maybe that made a difference?

Todd

p.s.-I believe the answer lies in the sort order more than anything. Incidentally, my store's database is on a secure server, while the store files are not. Maybe that made a difference?

Hey Todd. Thank you soooooooooooo much for posting this. Yes it solved my problem of getting the download link to activate. All I did was add a manufacter titled "Download MP3" and that solved the whole issue.... well except for it not setting the priority to downloadable after paying by paypal.... i've installed the super download contrib and that is the only thing that I have to get working right now... so I don't have to manually update the status for paypal orders.... HOORAY! I've spent hours thumbing through these forums... praise the Lord! :rolleyes:

Gary

Thanks to Bill Kellum for the invaluable info in this thread... you've given me hope after six frustrating months and moved me forward more in one day than in ages.

My current problem is... where should I expect to find the download link to appear once my customer returns from paypal?

Do I have to create a special page and configure paypal to return to this page?

Also, how do I get oscommerce to classify the sale as processed once the customer has returned and completed their download?

If i might add another question... I run a math site for HS teachers where i give away lots of resources (though i've developed a major resource which I now want to sell for a modest price)... how can I use oscommerce to give away stuff but only after they've logged in?

Thanks.

David Whitfield

Thanks to Bill Kellum for the invaluable info in this thread... you've given me hope after six frustrating months and moved me forward more in one day than in ages.

My current problem is... where should I expect to find the download link to appear once my customer returns from paypal?

Do I have to create a special page and configure paypal to return to this page?

Also, how do I get oscommerce to classify the sale as processed once the customer has returned and completed their download?

If i might add another question... I run a math site for HS teachers where i give away lots of resources (though i've developed a major resource which I now want to sell for a modest price)... how can I use oscommerce to give away stuff but only after they've logged in?

Thanks.

David Whitfield

Hello David,

Did you setup your PayPal account to auto-return and to have it return to "yourshop.com/checkout_success.php"?

These settings should be made at PayPal.com under "My Account" - "Profile" - "Website Payment Preferences".

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Thanks Bill for your prompt reply. I have done as you suggest.

However, I'm still getting a message across the top of my pages to the effect that my download folder is not valid:

Warning: The downloadable products directory does not exist: /home/myusername/myurl/catalog/download/. Downloadable products will not work until this directory is valid.

The folder exists, it has permissions of 755. Any ideas?

Thanks again for the help.

David W

Thanks Bill for your prompt reply. I have done as you suggest.

However, I'm still getting a message across the top of my pages to the effect that my download folder is not valid:

Warning: The downloadable products directory does not exist: /home/myusername/myurl/catalog/download/. Downloadable products will not work until this directory is valid.

The folder exists, it has permissions of 755. Any ideas?

Thanks again for the help.

David W

Is the folder located in yourshop.com/catalog/download or yourshop.com/download or even yourshop.com/yourstorename/download?

Also, in your catalog/includes/configure.php and catalog/admin/includes/configure.php files, do you have your shop path set correctly? For example:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/*your_user_name*/public_html/catalog/');

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Is the folder located in yourshop.com/catalog/download or yourshop.com/download or even yourshop.com/yourstorename/download?

it's located: myshop.com/catalog/download

Also, in your catalog/includes/configure.php and catalog/admin/includes/configure.php files, do you have your shop path set correctly? For example:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/*your_user_name*/public_html/catalog/');

in catalog/includes/configure.php the settings are:

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/myusername/myurl/catalog/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

admin is located myurl/admin

There's no admin inside catalog. And so there's no catalog/admin/includes/configure.php file

the file myurl/admin/configure.php has no reference to dir_fs_catalog etc.

Any help?

You're awfully kind to spend your time on this... thanks

David W

in catalog/includes/configure.php the settings are:

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/myusername/myurl/catalog/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

admin is located myurl/admin

There's no admin inside catalog. And so there's no catalog/admin/includes/configure.php file

the file myurl/admin/configure.php has no reference to dir_fs_catalog etc.

Any help?

You're awfully kind to spend your time on this... thanks

David W

David,

I feel your problem lies with how your configure.php files are configured. A stock osC shop does not have the admin folder "outside" of the catalog structure. If you are going to do so, then you will need to modify your paths as such. My tips were geared toward a stock osC file structure.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

David,

I feel your problem lies with how your configure.php files are configured. A stock osC shop does not have the admin folder "outside" of the catalog structure. If you are going to do so, then you will need to modify your paths as such. My tips were geared toward a stock osC file structure.

Bill

Thanks.

As far as I can recall this was how it came set up... can I just shift the admin folder. Or, should i just save stuff i've done and do a complete fresh reinstall and start again?

David

• 5 months later...
Okay. After reading all the help people gave, I, like others, still had no link. So I started from scratch and here is how I made it work:

1. I added "Downloadable" as a manufacturer.

2. Then for the download, you have to select "downloadable" as the manufacturer. {in product description} Leave weight, url and stock amount blank.

3. In "Catalog/Categories/Products", I noticed that every catagory was set to "0" as sort order. Set everything to a value-i.e. [Downloads-sort order -"1"], [candy - sort order--"2"], [t-shirts - sort order--"3"], etc.

4. Now do everything Cyber2000 said to do in his tutorial here:http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?

5. Now, when you have done all this, the link will be like in the screenshot below. (after you set the order to delivered)

This has fixed the problem for 5 people so far. Hope it helps you!

T.

link.jpg

Tod, where are the sort orders for the categories that you mention above?

I'm using v2.2RC2

On my Categories/Products page there is no sort order option?

This is the only thing remaining to do on the list, and my "shop" still doesn't recognise my products as downloads?

Thanks

Hairless!!!!!

• 2 years later...

Okay. After reading all the help people gave, I, like others, still had no link. So I started from scratch and here is how I made it work:....This has fixed the problem for 5 people so far. Hope it helps you!

T.

link.jpg

Todarice I don't know if you still browse the forums but thankyou!!!! :D :thumbsup: I too was having problems getting the download link to show up, so I changed the order status so it wasn't 0 and it worked! I spent ages looking through other posts and nothing was working. Thanks so much for sharing your fix:)

• 2 weeks later...

Todarice I don't know if you still browse the forums but thankyou!!!! :D :thumbsup: I too was having problems getting the download link to show up, so I changed the order status so it wasn't 0 and it worked! I spent ages looking through other posts and nothing was working. Thanks so much for sharing your fix:)

hello i also made a download link and follow everything 100%

but when i try to push the insert button for my products

i got this error

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

insert into products_attributes values (null, '350', '6', '15', '1', '')

[TEP STOP]

plase help

Archived