• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

shipping rates display as £0.00, conflict with tare & item weight

tigergirl

Hi there,

posting here as the contribution author hasn't been looking at the contributoin support thread and I'm kind of stuck :(

I keep getting a shipping cost of £0.00 showing when the tare weight & product weight total is just over 1kg or 3kg (2nd class restricted to 1kg, 1st class restricted to 3kg) It seems like the module knows that the weight limit is exceeded but still shows that option - I think something is missing from the code and the tare weight isn't be completely added to the total weight.

I'm using this contribution http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4473

This is the support thread http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...3681&st=160

Lots of others are having this problem too.... please can someone offer some tips to get it working???

thank you all

Tiger

I'm feeling lucky today......maybe someone will answer my post!

I do try and answer a simple post when I can just to give something back.

------------------------------------------------

PM me? - I'm not for hire

Please let me know if I didn't explain what I mean in an understandable format?

is there really no-one that can help with this? I'm not sure where to turn with this now.

I'll re-phrase to see if it helps get an answer:

I'm using the Royal Mail shipping contribution, and I'll use 2nd class mail as an example which has a 1kg weight restriction. When an orders weight (inc tare weight) is more than 1kg, this shipping option should not be shown. However, this option is being shown and says:

Royal Mail 2nd Class Standard (The shipping rate cannot be determined at this time (1.00Kg cart weight exceeded)

this means a customer can check out with £0.00 charged for shipping which is a little unfair for me :(

In my testing, I've decided there must be a variable missing as the problem seems to be with the tare weight figure being added, but not included in the final total shipping weight.

it's just that when the item weight & tare weight are around the limit for the module, then it shows as £0.00 cost.

If the product and tare weight = 999g it's ok

If the product weight is over 1kg it's ok

Problem when say item = 960g + tare 45g = 1005g, shows £0.00 when it shouldn't show at all.

I need to use tare weight and I do have other shipping methods installed to cover the heavier weights.

Please can someone help fix this error?

Kind regards

Tiger