• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

error message

soulesse

I am getting the following error message when someone tries to go to my store. I know that I messed something up in index.php when changing text. I hae changed it before with problem, and can not find problem. Is there a way to roll back my site to where it was a week ago. I tried restore but still have same problem and have lost new items I had put on my site. ( a lot actually)

Thanks for any help with this problem.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/soulesse/public_html/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 25

I am getting the following error message when someone tries to go to my store. I know that I messed something up in index.php when changing text. I hae changed it before with problem, and can not find problem. Is there a way to roll back my site to where it was a week ago. I tried restore but still have same problem and have lost new items I had put on my site. ( a lot actually)

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/soulesse/public_html/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 25

Restoring a database backup will not do anything for your error... as you have found out. If you are using a PHP editor take a look at line 25 of your index.php or post it here.

From what i understand a T_string is one of these '); so youve got an extra one of these somewhere in line 25... The database restore in the osc panel is for your actual items and not your files, you have to use a FTP to transfer your files from your server to your system. Personally im just copyin and pasting the file im going to work on into wordpad and save it there, so if i mess up i just stick it back in (make a note of what contributions youve added into that file as well).

here is my index.php I can't find the problem, but I really don't know what I am looking for.

<?php

/*

$Id: index.php,v 1.1 2003/06/11 17:38:00 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'Thank you so much for stopping by. If you've been here before you will notice that we have slashed prices and many of our most popular items. Please make sure and check out our new singing bowl and crystal ball prices. I am sure you will get a pleasant surprise. If you register as a new customer, I would like to send you a free gift. I will do this as long as supplies last, so please register and become part of the Soul Essentials family. I hope you enjoy the changes and I look forward to hearing from you with any special requests.');

define('TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS', 'New Products For %s');

define('TABLE_HEADING_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS', 'Upcoming Products');

define('TABLE_HEADING_DATE_EXPECTED', 'Date Expected');

if ( ($category_depth == 'products') || (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) ) {

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Let's See What We Have Here');

define('TABLE_HEADING_IMAGE', '');

define('TABLE_HEADING_MODEL', 'Model');

define('TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS', 'Product Name');

define('TABLE_HEADING_MANUFACTURER', 'Manufacturer');

define('TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY', 'Quantity');

define('TABLE_HEADING_PRICE', 'Price');

define('TABLE_HEADING_WEIGHT', 'Weight');

define('TABLE_HEADING_BUY_NOW', 'Buy Now');

define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS', 'There are no products to list in this category.');

define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS2', 'There is no product available from this manufacturer.');

define('TEXT_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS', 'Number of Products ');

define('TEXT_SHOW', '<b>Show:</b>');

define('TEXT_BUY', 'Buy 1 \'');

define('TEXT_NOW', '\' now');

define('TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES', 'All Categories');

define('TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS', 'All Manufacturers');

} elseif ($category_depth == 'top') {

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Welcome to our store');

} elseif ($category_depth == 'nested') {

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Categories');

}

?>

Should be

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Let\'s See What We Have Here');

Should be

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Let\'s See What We Have Here');

I actually changed that , but I did just change it back to way you have , cleared cookies and tried again and still getting saome error. Any other mistakes you can spot? Thank you so much for helping.

Sorry i missed this one

In define('TEXT_MAIN',

Change

If you've been here before

To

If you\'ve been here before

You have use a \ before the ' in those types of words.

Sorry i missed this one

In define('TEXT_MAIN',

Change

If you've been here before

To

If you\'ve been here before

You have use a \ before the ' in those types of words.

Thank you so much, that did it. I probably read that 20 times and missed it everytime. Is there any way to undo the restore I did trying to fix this in the begining or do I have to all that product work again?

I'm sorry to say that I don't know aboout any of that. Hopefully someone with better knowledfe than I can help you with that.

Good luck.

I'm sorry to say that I don't know aboout any of that. Hopefully someone with better knowledfe than I can help you with that.

Good luck.

Thanks again for your help. I will start another string to try to find out abaout that later, but at least I am back up.

Archived