• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

is MVS for me?

jasyn

i currently have installed UPS XML and USPS Methods for my oscommerce site. my site sells auto parts, and some products such as an exhaust are to heavy to send through USPS. is MVS for me? does it allow me to set which products get which shipping methods? if so, do i need to uninstall what I already have for UPS XML and USPS methods? or can I just install MVS?

i currently have installed UPS XML and USPS Methods for my oscommerce site. my site sells auto parts, and some products such as an exhaust are to heavy to send through USPS. is MVS for me? does it allow me to set which products get which shipping methods? if so, do i need to uninstall what I already have for UPS XML and USPS methods? or can I just install MVS?

How much do your auto parts weigh? Where will you be shipping to? Choose your shipping module based upon this. Personally, products weight 30 lbs. max, and although I ship around the world, international customers tend to order via P.O. instead of online, so I can do whatever I want. Other than that, I'd really have to know your products in detail before I recommended anything.

Jason

Simple 1-2-3 Intructions on how to get, install and configure SSL

The Google Sandbox explained

Simple to follow instructions on how to change the look of your OSC

How To Make A Horrible OSC Website

my toolbox: All things WordPress-related - All things Adobe-related - PHP Designer 2007 - Codecanyon Junkie - Crimson Editor - Winmerge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP

my installed contributions: Category Banners, File Upload feature-.77, Header Tags, Sort_Product_Attributes_1, XSellv2.3, Price Break 1.11.2, wishlist 3.5, rollover_category_images_v1.2, Short_Description_v2.1, UPSXML_v1_2_3, quickbooks qbi_v2_10, allprods v4.4, Mouseover-effect for image-buttons 1.0, Ultimate_SEO, AAP 1.41, Auto Select State Value, Fast Easy Checkout, Dynamic SiteMap v2.0, Image Magic, Links Manager 1.14, Featured Products, Customer Testimonials, Article Manager, FAQ System, and I'm sure more ...

How much do your auto parts weigh? Where will you be shipping to? Choose your shipping module based upon this. Personally, products weight 30 lbs. max, and although I ship around the world, international customers tend to order via P.O. instead of online, so I can do whatever I want. Other than that, I'd really have to know your products in detail before I recommended anything.

exhausts are usually 40lbs to 50lbs. due to it's over-sized packaging, we can't ship these out via USPS (through priority, first class, or express), but because dimensions doesn't count for USPS, just by going with the weight somehow USPS is a shipping option when checking out. we ship locally in the US as well as international.

MVS id generally when You are not stocking things.So You take orders and pass it to the vendors they despatch goods to customer,so its not for Your case.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

MVS id generally when You are not stocking things.So You take orders and pass it to the vendors they despatch goods to customer,so its not for Your case.

Satish

oh :blush: is there anything that can help me out?

It can still do what you want though, it's what I use it for.

As an example I'd just make two vendors in MVS, both your location, etc. Assign UPS to vendor "A" and USPS to vendor "B". Then when you edit or create a product you can assign the oversized mufflers to vendor "A" and whatever else that can ship USPS to vendor "B". Then when a customer checks out with a product from vendor "A" and "B" in their cart, it will say this product will ship USPS and this product will ship UPS, then combine the prices for checkout.

There is text at the shipping checkout that says, some of our items ship from different locations ,etc but you can just change that to some products ship with different services.

It can still do what you want though, it's what I use it for.

As an example I'd just make two vendors in MVS, both your location, etc. Assign UPS to vendor "A" and USPS to vendor "B". Then when you edit or create a product you can assign the oversized mufflers to vendor "A" and whatever else that can ship USPS to vendor "B". Then when a customer checks out with a product from vendor "A" and "B" in their cart, it will say this product will ship USPS and this product will ship UPS, then combine the prices for checkout.

There is text at the shipping checkout that says, some of our items ship from different locations ,etc but you can just change that to some products ship with different services.

Okay, that may actually work! One question, we've already listed about 1000+ products onto our site. After installation of MVS, is there an option that we can choose to move those already listed to the selected vendors?

In vendor management, there's a move products between vendors section. You can also just edit a single product and select the vendor too. By default after install they will all be set to NONE.

Archived