• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fatal error: Unknown function: curl_init()

AndreaFahy

I installed UPSXML today, admin works fine, no error messages when I set up the edit details of UPSXML.

Doing a test run, pretending to buy something, I typed in my log in info at check out, after clicking "Sign In" I received the message below:

Fatal error: Unknown function: curl_init() in /home/httpd/vhosts/bonsaibirds.com/httpdocs/shop/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php on line 851

And here is line 851: $ch = curl_init();

Can anyone direct me to tips on how to handle this?

I contacted my host to inquire whether or not they offer curl support:

Hello Andrea,

Unfortunately, we do not have support for curl.

Let us know if you need anything else

Now what?? Thanks in advance

Kindly,

Andrea Fahy

Yes - what that means is that not all hosts provide cURL compiled in their version of PHP, and some others who provide cURL do it via a proxy so normal methods of accessing it don't work.

Go to your osCommerce admin panel --> Tools --> Server Info and search on that page for cURL. If it's not there it's not installed.

Vger

good grief, are you serious??? So it wil not work unless I change web servers? I have been so pleased with this host for the last four years, they have been great :(

Is there not any other way around this?

Kindly,

Andrea Fahy

UPS Choice might be fine.

I went with XML b/c I was told it would handle multiple shipping locations. Half of my products are drop shipped UPS and the other half I ship USPS, but a customer may order both in one order.

Kindly,

Andrea Fahy

Here is the latest reply from my server :)

Hello Andrea,

We talked with our Support Manager and he allowed us to install curl in the

server. We have forwarded your request to our Installation department. One of

our staff will get back to you with the updates within the next 24 hours.

We appreciate your patience.

Kindly,

Andrea Fahy

Well if it still doesn't work after they install cURL you can use UPS Choice 1.8 It is a lot easier to get going and set up. I have also found that the UPS XML quotes are lower then UPS Choice which means you will probably be paying for some of the shipping out of your pocket. Especially if you do a lot of drop shipping.

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

Well if it still doesn't work after they install cURL you can use UPS Choice 1.8 It is a lot easier to get going and set up. I have also found that the UPS XML quotes are lower then UPS Choice which means you will probably be paying for some of the shipping out of your pocket. Especially if you do a lot of drop shipping.

Well, it is working, but I am disappointed in knowing that UPSXML may quote too low...hmmm...I'll look into that one.

Kindly,

Andrea Fahy

Archived