• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Going Live?

Sullis

Hi the community,

I have looked into OScommerce and it is exactly what I need.

I have downloaded and set up my shop using the admin tools, however I have now come to a brick wall.

How do I make the shop live and how do I set up payment into my account.

The email sytem works and I get all the order information ready to ship the goods but I cannot find anywhere to set up my payment account. The front of my store is still in admin mode with information on what I should do to configureand change the look of the site.

I am not quite an amateur but have never used PHP

The site I am setting up is for a charity out in SA called Soul of Africa in conjunction with Clarkes Shoes.

Here is the temporary url and you can click "the Shop" to se what stage I am at.

Soul of Africa

Can anyone help please

PS what is the recommended PHP editor

JP

Hi the community,

I have looked into OScommerce and it is exactly what I need.

I have downloaded and set up my shop using the admin tools, however I have now come to a brick wall.

How do I make the shop live and how do I set up payment into my account.

The email sytem works and I get all the order information ready to ship the goods but I cannot find anywhere to set up my payment account. The front of my store is still in admin mode with information on what I should do to configureand change the look of the site.

I am not quite an amateur but have never used PHP

The site I am setting up is for a charity out in SA called Soul of Africa in conjunction with Clarkes Shoes.

Here is the temporary url and you can click "the Shop" to se what stage I am at.

Soul of Africa

Can anyone help please

PS what is the recommended PHP editor

JP

This is not a an osCommerce site. You'll have to download the latest osCommerce and install it. Then all the info you need to customize it can be found on this forum and the support site.

This is not a an osCommerce site. You'll have to download the latest osCommerce and install it. Then all the info you need to customize it can be found on this forum and the support site.

This is what I have done and this is the forum it sent me to for support

I have installed it and I end up with an admin site and a default site where I can test out the shop but nowhere does it tell me how to go live with the shop

JP

This is what I have done and this is the forum it sent me to for support

I have installed it and I end up with an admin site and a default site where I can test out the shop but nowhere does it tell me how to go live with the shop

JP

So the link is not to your osC site?

If you have your osC shop running locally then you need to upload the shop to your host. The instructions are here http://www.oscommerce.com/solutions/documentation.

Howard

So the link is not to your osC site?

If you have your osC shop running locally then you need to upload the shop to your host. The instructions are here http://www.oscommerce.com/solutions/documentation.

Howard

No the link was to the whole web site in whcich there is a link to my shop

Here is My Shop

It has been uplaoded and set up on my host

JP

And I have had fun amd games already.

There are many things I want to do with the shop but they can wait as I develp my knowledge.

The first and most important is to get the shop live and get the money into the charities bank

Can you help me

JP

I note that the shop is also on: http://www.soulofafrica.org.za/The_Shop.htm

You have a basic shop running, that's a good start!

John I will give you my standard blurb to point you the right way:

The main sources of information are:

a. This forum - Search it and you will find answers to a lot of your problems.

b. osCommerce Knowledge Base

c. osCommerce Contributions.

d. Videos provided by your Host - This gave me confidence to make my first changes.

e. Internet searches - Will link mainly to the previously mentioned sources.

A few tips:

a. Don't ask questions in this forum without searching first. You will not get an answer to the a question that was asked the previous day and the day before that!

b. Always backup files before you alter them.

c. Get a PHP editor - You can use Notepad, but there are some good free editors around.

As Redbone says you will need a merchant account or Paypal before you can take money, but you have a lot of changes to make before your shop can go live.

Hope that helps.

Archived