• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I don't see my site ( can't start up )

Jerrysz

Hi there:

I can connect to my admin but I don't see any pages. I tried to type www.mysite.com/index.php but nothing happen. My main pages are on the server. What could be the reason, please ? What I should look for ?

Please help

Jerry

Hi there:

I can connect to my admin but I don't see any pages. I tried to type www.mysite.com/index.php but nothing happen. My main pages are on the server. What could be the reason, please ? What I should look for ?

Please help

Jerry

Your path to the store is incomplete. It should be: http://www.mysite.com/catalog/index.php. You need to include the name of the folder where you installed oscommerce in your path.

Thanks,

But it is not the issue I didn't installed it in the folder, just /var/www/html/. I my site map is not responding in admin. I check and file /var/www/html/admin/sitemap.php is present on the server. Please help.

Jerry

Thanks,

But it is not the issue I didn't installed it in the folder, just /var/www/html/. I my site map is not responding in admin. I check and file /var/www/html/admin/sitemap.php is present on the server. Please help.

Jerry

The critical file to look for is var/www/html/index.php. If that file is there, check your config.php files to be sure you are pointing to the right place.

The critical file to look for is var/www/html/index.php. If that file is there, check your config.php files to be sure you are pointing to the right place.

My index file are Ok but I don't see config.php just configure.php. Where they are located, please and if I can rebuild them ?

They are located at /catalog/includes/configure.php and /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php.

So files are /catalog/includes/configure.php and /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php not config.php. What should I look for in these files. What critical issues, please ?

configure.php files in include and admin directories are present. I checked pointers and they look Ok. What will be proper next step of troubleshooting,

please ?

configure.php files in include and admin directories are present. I checked pointers and they look Ok. What will be proper next step of troubleshooting,

please ?

Two things to check. Be sure php is supported by your server. You should check with your hosting provider for this. Open one of the configure.php files and make certain it has your data. If you did not run the install.php script, run it now by typing http://mysite.com/install. You will need to enter the name of your server, database name, etc. here to make things work.

Two things to check. Be sure php is supported by your server. You should check with your hosting provider for this. Open one of the configure.php files and make certain it has your data. If you did not run the install.php script, run it now by typing http://mysite.com/install. You will need to enter the name of your server, database name, etc. here to make things work.

Thank you very much for your help !!

I changed my html directory to world-writable. PHP scripts cannot reside within a world-writable directory. What a learning experience.

Archived