• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Moved to new server: EasyPopulate broken?

hdcwr0x2

I got some new hosting and did a fresh install of osC yesterday. I configured everything in the main options, and then I installed easypopulate (2.76d MS2), since I have several tab delimited files for it containing my products. When I try to Upload and Import an EP file, it goes back to the main EP screen. I get no output at all, even though I'm pressing the insert button. Register_globals is off on my server, so I tried using a patched easypopulate.php, but that didn't make any difference. Any assistance would be appreciated.

I got some new hosting and did a fresh install of osC yesterday. I configured everything in the main options, and then I installed easypopulate (2.76d MS2), since I have several tab delimited files for it containing my products. When I try to Upload and Import an EP file, it goes back to the main EP screen. I get no output at all, even though I'm pressing the insert button. Register_globals is off on my server, so I tried using a patched easypopulate.php, but that didn't make any difference. Any assistance would be appreciated.

I've never managed to get EP to work with reg_globals off.

I was given this advice, but still couldn't sus it....

assuming you're register globals off after following the directions of the register globals contribution, uncomment the lines at the bottom of admin/applicationtop.php so they look something like this

px($_GET, "GET");px($_POST, "POST");px($_COOKIE, "COOKIE");px($_SERVER, "SERVER");px($_ENV, "ENV");px($_FILES, "FILES");

then run EP and see what globals appear at the top of the page eg $_GET etc these should be properly fully qualified in the code. Look at the instructions for the register globals off contribution for some clues on what to look for.

px($_GET, "GET");px($_POST, "POST");px($_COOKIE, "COOKIE");px($_SERVER, "SERVER");px($_ENV, "ENV");px($_FILES, "FILES");

There is no applicationtop.php in the admin, so I opened application_top.php in admin/includes. There's nothing commented like that at the bottom, so I pasted it in but then when I go to the site it errors and tells me px() is undefined.

edit: I just installed 2.76e and the same issue occurs.

Edited by hdcwr0x2

Here's what happens when I try to create a file in the temp dir with 2.76e:

1065 - Query was empty

[TEP STOP]

Interestingly enough 2.76d with the register_globals off easypopulate.php creates the file without problems. Neither will let me upload from temp dir, although 2.76e shows the test file I have in there.