• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Does not total Order

I am having trouble with the PayPal part. Ordering goes fine until I get to PayPal payment screen, then the order total is only for the item and not the tax or shipping. Please Help!

Sorry, if i'm not giving you an answer here, but as I'm getting my own shop ready, and will be using payapl and I keep reading about this tax/shipping problem, I'd just like to say that I'm interested in any answers, etc to this (it seems) common problem. (I'll be using the latest ipn from pablo)

Evolve to Darkness

I just ran a test on our shop and found that on first PayPal screen indicates the amount of the order with tax but without the shipping charge.

However, on the next PayPal screen where the user confirms payment and the source of funds, the order total with shipping and tax is correct.

Snooping around some more, I see this 'feature' has been discussed at length in at least one other thread:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23331

I favor the suggestion to revise paypal.php to furnish only the order total when passing info to the PayPal cgi, so the customer sees a consistent amount at each step of the payment process.

In catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php v.1.31, that would be achieved by changing lines 50-51 from this

tep_draw_hidden_field('amount', number_format(($order->info['total'] - $order->info['shipping_cost']) * $currencies->currencies['USD']['value'], $currencies->currencies['USD']['decimal_places'])) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('shipping', number_format($order->info['shipping_cost'] * $currencies->get_value('USD'), 2)) .

to this

tep_draw_hidden_field('amount', number_format(($order->info['total']) * $currencies->currencies['USD']['value'], $currencies->currencies['USD']['decimal_places'])) .

Reviewing the matter, it is also clear that Pablo's PayPal IPN contribution has great merit and I plan to assimilate it.

thx for that zzfritz

just a question on your fix though. Is your fix tried and tested, or have you just implemented it?

Also, does your fix work whether Pablo's IPN contribution is running or not?

Evolve to Darkness

The suggested change is tested and working fine on a live shop.

As I clearly stated, this is a change to paypal.php v.1.31. Pablo's very fine alternative is named paypalipn.php, and the two should definitely not be activated at the same time.

Archived