• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

check out charge for attribute not working

Help!! We have a beautiful website and have been adding the attributes for extras to each item we are selling. We have gone in and added the cost and the +/- for the item. It shows correctly in the online store but does NOT add the cost at check out. Can anyone tell me what is wrong and how we fix this to add the cost at check out?

Help!! We have a beautiful website and have been adding the attributes for extras to each item we are selling. We have gone in and added the cost and the +/- for the item. It shows correctly in the online store but does NOT add the cost at check out. Can anyone tell me what is wrong and how we fix this to add the cost at check out?

Won't anyone help?

Won't anyone help?

I believe my designers used an added contribution for attributes? How would I be able to tell? As you can see, I am not computer savvy when it come to building sites. Thank you for your help.

I believe my designers used an added contribution for attributes? How would I be able to tell? As you can see, I am not computer savvy when it come to building sites. Thank you for your help.

Check your product attributes.php located at /admin/products_attributes.php. Look for numbers letters like this

//CLR 030312 or //BOF etc. They will be noticeable as they are always preceeded by // and they will be repeated through out the file. If we can work out which contribution you are using we can try and find the problem. I am no expert but it sounds like the correct code is not in your checkout_process.php

By the way are the attributes showing up correctly in your shopping cart?

Check your product attributes.php located at /admin/products_attributes.php. Look for numbers letters like this

//CLR 030312 or //BOF etc. They will be noticeable as they are always preceeded by // and they will be repeated through out the file. If we can work out which contribution you are using we can try and find the problem. I am no expert but it sounds like the correct code is not in your checkout_process.php

By the way are the attributes showing up correctly in your shopping cart?

Yes, the attributes are showing in the cart correctly, just not adding the additional charges. I will look for the code and get back soon. Thank you so much for your help.

Yes, the attributes are showing in the cart correctly, just not adding the additional charges. I will look for the code and get back soon. Thank you so much for your help.

The product attribute used is //CLR03212

The product attribute used is //CLR03212

Ok sounds like Option Type Feature. Do you have in your Products attributes in Admin these headings?

ID Option Name Option Type Length Comment Action ?

Still not sure? check /product_info.php for a code //030714.

If you have these then its Option Type features.

Otherwise Is there any way you can ask the designer?

Ok sounds like Option Type Feature. Do you have in your Products attributes in Admin these headings?

ID Option Name Option Type Length Comment Action ?

Still not sure? check /product_info.php for a code //030714.

If you have these then its Option Type features.

Otherwise Is there any way you can ask the designer?

I will check. The issue is with the designer. They do not give good customer service with follow up issues and add ons take weeks longer then they promise. I am looking for someone that can take over where they have dropped the ball with us. I have approached them with this issue for a week now and instead of solving the problem, which we already paid for, the decides to go on vacation for another week and leave us hanging. I have lost money this week due to this issue not being correct in my store.

I really appreciate your help. I will get back to you when I find what you are mentioning to look for.

I will check. The issue is with the designer. They do not give good customer service with follow up issues and add ons take weeks longer then they promise. I am looking for someone that can take over where they have dropped the ball with us. I have approached them with this issue for a week now and instead of solving the problem, which we already paid for, the decides to go on vacation for another week and leave us hanging. I have lost money this week due to this issue not being correct in my store.

I really appreciate your help. I will get back to you when I find what you are mentioning to look for.

The attribute page is now showing up in code in my oscommerce store? How do I fix that?

The attribute page is now showing up in code in my oscommerce store? How do I fix that?

No idea with out knowing what you have done. I know you downloaded your product attributes file as I saw your other post.

You are using option type feature by the way but when I compared my file to yours it was SO different yet I recognised the code.

How are you accessing your php. files for your store? Via ftp or file manager in admin.

Can you send a copy of your checkout_process.php. I will try and see if the error is there.

No idea with out knowing what you have done. I know you downloaded your product attributes file as I saw your other post.

You are using option type feature by the way but when I compared my file to yours it was SO different yet I recognised the code.

How are you accessing your php. files for your store? Via ftp or file manager in admin.

Can you send a copy of your checkout_process.php. I will try and see if the error is there.

No the last time I went in and looked at the code it was in the ftp for the product attribute you asked me about, I did NOT change or download anything. Yet today when I went to work on the attributes in my admin site everything was in code. I went in through the file manager in admin and just copied and pasted the code when the other posters were trying to help figure out what was causing it to be in code now. I DID NOT CHANGE OR DO ANYTHING. I WOULD NOT REALLY KNOW WHAT TO CHange , so I do not touch anything.

No the last time I went in and looked at the code it was in the ftp for the product attribute you asked me about, I did NOT change or download anything. Yet today when I went to work on the attributes in my admin site everything was in code. I went in through the file manager in admin and just copied and pasted the code when the other posters were trying to help figure out what was causing it to be in code now. I DID NOT CHANGE OR DO ANYTHING. I WOULD NOT REALLY KNOW WHAT TO CHange , so I do not touch anything.

I can not think of a single reason why your code would show up in your admin like that without anything changing in the file. If you do want to check files I suggest you download them from the site via an ftp program like filezilla and look at them on your computer, that way there is no chance of anything strange happening. You may have to get a file compare program and check the file that is currently in your server with the one you posted.

I have rechecked your code from the previous posting and the option type feature looks ok. You also have a sort option code in there and I do not know how that affects things.

I still think that the problem is in your check out process because thats where the problem starts.

I can not think of a single reason why your code would show up in your admin like that without anything changing in the file. If you do want to check files I suggest you download them from the site via an ftp program like filezilla and look at them on your computer, that way there is no chance of anything strange happening. You may have to get a file compare program and check the file that is currently in your server with the one you posted.

I have rechecked your code from the previous posting and the option type feature looks ok. You also have a sort option code in there and I do not know how that affects things.

I still think that the problem is in your check out process because thats where the problem starts.

I appreciate your help. I don't think I will be looking at any files in the future. I am looking for someone that can help with that. I have 0 knowledge about any of this or how to fix it. Better left to the experts I say. Thank you again.