• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Does anyone know if oscommerce sends an alert when inventory reaches 0?

nbowman

HI,

I am trying to figure out the usefulness of the Stock and Product Quantity options in osCommerce. I set the products at a certain amount when I list them, but so far have just elevated the amount so high (like 1000) that I know I will not run out before I can check them individually from time to time. This takes too much time and I am looking for a way to make this inventory tracking work for me and get an alert when stock gets low so I can reorder and restock...

Any ideas or facts about how it works?

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

HI,

I am trying to figure out the usefulness of the Stock and Product Quantity options in osCommerce. I set the products at a certain amount when I list them, but so far have just elevated the amount so high (like 1000) that I know I will not run out before I can check them individually from time to time. This takes too much time and I am looking for a way to make this inventory tracking work for me and get an alert when stock gets low so I can reorder and restock...

Any ideas or facts about how it works?

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

you can add an email to yourself when the last item(s) are sold. This should be done in the checkout_process.php file right after stock is checked. When the leftover is 0 after the sale is made, send the email.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Hi,

Thank you both Monika and Jason for your suggestions.

I wouldn't know how to add the send an email to myself in the checkout_process.php page.

The QT PRO contributions look great, but there are so many posts and so many problems I am unsure which one would work for me... I've checked out that thread and posted a question there for help on what to choose.

Jason, the low stock reports add on sounds like that may be fine for now, too... Any favorites that you have?

Or does anyone have a favorite QT PRO version?

Nichole

Actually QTPro comes with it's own Low Stock Report.

You're right that QT Pro has become a bit of a mess recently. The version of QT Pro I always use is the one by Ralph Day (15 Apr 2005).

You also want to grab the version of the Low Stock Report (seven posts up QTPro 4.25 - stat_report with menu + footer +stylesheet) from BehrendsTech (20 Nov 2006)

Hi Nichole,

what is your product structure? Do you sell with attributes, and if yes, with one or more sets that depend of each other (like we stock 5 green tshirts in size M, but 2 yellow in size L)

As for the email yourself thingy in checkout_process.php, pretty sure I answered that one already with a full code example last week.

Monika

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

found it! post 6+7 should do what you need

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...=270770&hl=

Monika

Hey Mon - QT Pro actually works at the product level as well as the attribute one. You just have to add the stock number in via the new stock page rather than in the product quantity field in the add product page.

Nichole - here's Monika's email notification/zero stock post: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1111503

cheers

Jason

Jason, I know that about QTpro (good part of my sites use it), but if you do not have attributes at all, I dare say it's not needed, and if there is a max of one attribute that may even have its own pic or only a different size, in many cases master products covers things better - can even order several items from one page, stock is easily tracked etc etc.

Monika

Wow, you guys thanks. I'll need time to look at all this and read your suggestions. I am pretty sure you just covered it.

We do have attributes, I list shirt type, shirt color(s), and sizes which are anywhere from 2 (one size and xxl) up to 4 (s/m, m/l, l/xl, and xxl).

Will this be a problem, having attributes that just describe the item? For instance here it just basically says "shirt style" to let them know right there all of the variables, though we rarely have 2 choices there, we prefer to list diff. shirt styles separately so customers can see them plainly in the category:

http://leavemeb.com/product_info.php?cPath...products_id=299

and then we have some products that sell 2 items in one:

http://leavemeb.com/product_info.php?cPath...products_id=198

with all of those attributes. I hope I will not have a mess on my hands and have to redo the attributes!

agreed! the mother/baby combos will be a bit tricky for stock, bu you'll just have to allocate extra amounts for those. I'd go fo QTpro!

Monika

Archived