• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Internet Explorer Cannot Open Site

toycircle

After two and half years of using OSCommerce without any major problems, one of my sites seems to have a major problem when viewed using IE6. The site will no longer allow customers to log in, and reports an the error message

https://vault3.controlssl.co.uk/thegeomagst.../shop/login.php

Operation Aborted

It seems to work fine using FireFox, and IE7

My host cant seem to find any general problems, so any help would be grately appreciated.

After two and half years of using OSCommerce without any major problems, one of my sites seems to have a major problem when viewed using IE6. The site will no longer allow customers to log in, and reports an the error message

https://vault3.controlssl.co.uk/thegeomagst.../shop/login.php

Operation Aborted

It seems to work fine using FireFox, and IE7

My host cant seem to find any general problems, so any help would be grately appreciated.

Has anything changed recently? Ie, did you move the site, change the code, etc? When I attempt to login to your site, it redirects me to the /shop2 directory rather then the expected /shop directory. That is a clue. I would investigate an redirects, and check your configuration file path settings (configure.php)

There had been no changes to the web site since March 2007. The redirect uses shop2 instead of the expected shop, so that I can evaluate changes, and keep the website taking orders without the need to close down when I install new contributions.

The site originally did all of its access through vault3... but it caused problems when using froogle, as they could not match the names that I had registered.

Strangely, the problem has gone away, still without changing a thing. :'(

Thank you for your help.

Mark

Archived