• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Protx Direct - Credit card errors

Bryndog

Hey Guys,

I have just installed the latest version of the Protx Direct contribution.

After ironing out a few teething troubles...all ending in [Tep Stop]... I an now getting the following error message when confirming payment...but there is no [Tep Stop].

Credit Card Error! 

There has been an error with the security checks. Please check your billing address matches your card statement address and the security code (CVV) is correct and try again. 

Its an error shown on the confirmation page in OScommerce, and there is no error number.

Now ordinarily, I would have expected my cards to have expired...but No. This is not the case. It happens on all my cards when trying to test the site.

I was wondering if anyone else had seen this problem, or had any Idea what the problem is? I'm using version 4.3 of the protx contribution.

Do I have to turn on the 3d secure stuff in VSP Admin, or should it work without it?

Cheers for any help you guys can provide.

B

Bryndog, a lone crusader charged with not messing up

Thanks to any an all for your help and advice.

If this is against the Test server make sure you use the address as 88 postcode as 412 and the cvv as 123 (note address must be exaclty as that).

If that doesn't work try looknig at your protx_direct table - it will have more info there about the failure reason

Tom

Hey Tom,

Cheers for giving me a hand.

Tried to change the street address details on my test customer account to 88 and the postcode to 412 but it tells me it cant take less than 4 characters in the postcode, and 5 in the street address. Any Ideas or am I just being a spaz.

I took a look at the protx table in phpmyadmin, what should I be looking for?

The status included this though:

'VSP Simulator has found the vendor ''cy%&$£%$al'' in the database but it is not enabled for VSP Di'

What should I be looking for?

It has been working on a different server until about a week ago. I have registered the new servers 2 ip adresses with protx as well.

Would this be a problem at Protx's end with the implementation of the new way their sytem works etc?

Or have I missed a meeting and not done something obvious.

The protx mod is set to 'Test' mode and the Authorization type is set to 'Payment'.

Thanks again, I appreciate your input.

B

Ohh .. just tried it one more time with the cvv as 123 and it seemed to have worked.

Am I correct in saying that in test mode you can't actaully use a real card to test it?

Sorry....I'm still fumbling my way around osc.

Thanks again.

B

you can use a real card on the test server (as long as you use a cvv of 123 - or it will fail the AVS check) but there's no advantage over using the test card numbers as per Protx support site.

Tom