• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Dutch TPGpost 1.0

M@rcel

http://www.oscommerce.com/downloads.php/co...ions,656/type,3

The TPGpost contribution provides store-owners with a shipping module for using the Dutch TPGpost as their logistic

partner. It was written/tested using the snapshot of nov 12, 2002. The software will ONLY work with OScommerce 2.2

snapshots newer than nov 1st 2002. PHP binded Curl must be enabled to use this module.

M@rcel

Greetings from Marcel

|Current version|Documentation|Contributions|

I have version snapshot-20021023, can I just update the shopfiles from the latest snapshot, before I use this new shipping module.

Thanks In advanced,

Greetings JJ

p.s. what they mean with PHP binded Curl must be enalbled...???

I have version snapshot-20021023, can I just update the shopfiles from the latest snapshot, before I use this new shipping module.

Read through the forums to find information about upgrading to the new checkout.

p.s. what they mean with PHP binded Curl must be enalbled...???

Curl (or is it cURL :?: ) stands for Client Unified Resource Locator. It's a an extra library which I use to contact the TPGpost-site. cURL comes in two flavours: commandline and PHP-bounded. I have used the PHP-bounded version, which means that PHP needs to be configured to use the cURL-lib. My ISP did already provide this to me. In my development-environment (XP + Foxpro), I enabled it myself by uncommenting the "cURL"-line in PHP.ini.

To test if cURL is present, put the following code in a file called "testcurl.php" in the root of your site. Then enter in your browser:

http://www.yourdomain.com/testcurl.php if the yahoo site shows: cUrl is up and running. If it does not, ask your ISP.

<?php

$url = "http://www.yahoo.com/";

$ch = curl_init();

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL,"$url");

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER,1);

$result=curl_exec ($ch);

curl_close ($ch);

echo $result;

?>

HTH

M@rcel

Greetings from Marcel

Hi M@rcel,

Can i edit the PHP.ini myself, and what must I change. Or is this something for my ISP..??

I can edit the PHP.ini, so I can do i myself..??

Greetings JJ

Can i edit the PHP.ini myself, and what must I change. Or is this something for my ISP..??

Normally this is something for your ISP to do. If you execute serverinfo from the tools menu in osc -admin, you might get enough info to check whether cURL is active. An other way is to use the testscript from my previous post.

If the server is on a Linux/Unis Os, PHP must be recompiled to include cURL.

If the server is on a Win32 platform, cURL is activated by uncommenting the cURL-extension setting in php.ini. Just search for curl in php.ini.

It does bother me (a lot) that you are able to edit PHP.ini yourself. I just hope that it is not the masterfile on a shared server. :?

HTH

M@rcel

Greetings from Marcel

BTW, the correct functioning of hte module depends on you getting the weight of your products right. The weights should be in grams, not kilo's or pounds.

You can test the module on http://www.hmcs.nl/shop. This shop is not open, yet. Create accounts as you like, both Dutch and foreign. Let me know what you think of it, that way I can improve the shipping module to make the most of it.

M@rcel

Greetings from Marcel

• 2 months later...

To complete this topic for other readers in this forun, the problem is solved.

Because my provider run's a old version of Php.

After a lot of problems with this provider I switched to another priver.

So Curl is working fine, including the Dutch TPG module

A lot thanks to M@rcel, he did a wonderfull job to help me, even beside this forum.

Greetings JJ

that way I can improve the shipping module to make the most of it.

Right now any domestic package will be a 'pakket'.

It would be nice to have the ability to use 'briefpost' too.

Some items can be send as 'briefpost' which is a heck of a lot cheaper.

You could check if the article is 'briefpost worthy' by the modelcode (ie BP_XXXX) or add a field to the products table.

Mattice

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"