• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[TAX]Subtotal lists prices whit tax

Sen

Everywhere there are prices whit tax. Thats fine whit me. But @ the end of the order we got

Sub-total: ?200

Shipment: ?10

Tax: ?21

Total: ?210

But i want the sub total whitout tax. Is that possible :?

Thanx in advance :)

The only way of showing the subtotal without tax is:

1) set define('DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX', true); to

define('DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX', false)

But I think you know this already!

C

The only way of showing the subtotal without tax is:

1) set define('DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX', true); to

define('DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX', false)

But I think you know this already!

C

yup and that i don't want

This looks hopefull, but I've not looked into it enough...

// class methods

function format($number, $calculate_currency_value = true, $currency_type = '', $currency_value = '') {

global $currency;

if ($currency_type == '') {

$currency_type = $currency;

}

if ($calculate_currency_value) {

$rate = ($currency_value) ? $currency_value : $this->currencies[$currency_type]['value'];

$format_string = $this->currencies[$currency_type]['symbol_left'] . number_format($number * $rate, $this->currencies[$currency_type]['decimal_places'], $this->currencies[$currency_type]['decimal_point'], $this->currencies[$currency_type]['thousands_point']) . $this->currencies[$currency_type]['symbol_right'];

// if the selected currency is in the european euro-conversion and the default currency is euro,

// the currency will displayed in the national currency and euro currency

if ( (DEFAULT_CURRENCY == 'EUR') && ($currency_type == 'DEM' || $currency_type == 'BEF' || $currency_type == 'LUF' || $currency_type == 'ESP' || $currency_type == 'FRF' || $currency_type == 'IEP' || $currency_type == 'ITL' || $currency_type == 'NLG' || $currency_type == 'ATS' || $currency_type == 'PTE' || $currency_type == 'FIM' || $currency_type == 'GRD') ) {

$format_string .= ' <small>[' . $this->format($number, true, 'EUR') . ']</small>';

}

} else {

$format_string = $this->currencies[$currency_type]['symbol_left'] . number_format($number, $this->currencies[$currency_type]['decimal_places'], $this->currencies[$currency_type]['decimal_point'], $this->currencies[$currency_type]['thousands_point']) . $this->currencies[$currency_type]['symbol_right'];

}

return $format_string;

}

function get_value($code) {

return $this->currencies[$code]['value'];

}

function display_price($products_price, $products_tax, $quantity = 1) {

return $this->format(tep_add_tax($products_price, $products_tax) * $quantity);

C

It's in catalog/includes/classes/currencies.php

I think this is the function that does the money calculations, therefore maybe you could take tax from the total some how!!

I might get to this, if I do I'll buzz you!

C

• 1 year later...

After searching a lot I found an anwer to this problem.

The module order_total takes care of what is displayed.

In the file ot_subtotal.php (folder order_totals) you have to make some changes.

Somewhere around line 29 you should make the following changes to the function process()

function process() {

global $order, $currencies;

$this->output[] = array('title' => $this->title . ':',

// Edited 14-04-04 by Mike MKEhosting.com for display without tax in the subtotal at checkout_confirmation.

// Original 'text' => $currencies->format($order->info['subtotal'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']),

'text' => $currencies->format(($order->info['subtotal'])-($order->info['tax']), true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']),

// Original 'value' => $order->info['subtotal']);

'value' => ($order->info['subtotal'])-($order->info['tax']));

}

I tried it and it seems to work.

Hope it helps.

• 9 months later...

Hello,

I need advise.

Currently in my store tax gets calculated on shipping charges rather then subtotal. How can i take care of this issue?

When its flat rate shipping. Things works fine. But I change it to UPS shipping and not tax is getting calculated on shipping charge.

Please advise.

Pitu

Archived