• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Version 3 Questions & Conserns

I am about to create a new store for our business with OSC, and had a couple questions that I simply need answers for to include in our Project Planning:

1) If we build with the latest snapshot with the new checkout, and add the contributions we want to, will we have to rebuild the store again to use version 3 or will we be able to update our current version?

2) Is there an ETA when version 3 might be available?

3) What will most likely be the upgrade process?

Thank you for your time, help, and advice.

I haven't heard anything from the collective wisdom of our community. :D

I did receive the following email which shows that there are others with the same questions I have. Any insight would be greatly appreciated:

Hi James85

I read your note in an osCommerce forum re upgrade path for

the App, but could not see if you got an answer.

Did you get any guidance on upgrade strategy, how hard it is, how much it breaks earlier stuff, especially if some

customization has occurred?

Any info, advice, or pointers, greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

Thanks again,

James85

I haven't heard anything from the collective wisdom of our community

Real wise men search the forums.. :)

1) 'when it's done'

2) CVS

3) see 2

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

Real wise men search the forums..

I am wise, but I have found my wisdom was limited. :lol:

I did do a search before I posted. I tried every combination of version, 3, v3, ver, etc.... But came up with nothing. That is why I posted my question.

Any other seach keywords or links to known discussions would even be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

James85

Thanks for your help, the reference was very helpful.

As for project management documentation, I assume that this discussion on updating from 2.1 to 2.2 applies to upgrading from 2.2 with the Checkout Process to the upcoming version 3?

Or has there been any forsight to anything unique in the process of upgrading to version 3?

Are there any suggestions to help us now while we start with the latest 2.2 with the new Checkout Process, in preparing for the version 3 upgrade?

Archived