• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need To Move "Available Options"

sschlee

I am working on a shopping cart that has clothes and I need to have sizing and color charts as well as choices for options (ie Available Options) but I need the drop down box of Available Options to be right under the price up top. (Please view the site and you will see what I mean)

View Example

I know all of this is in the product_info.php, but I'm not very good at PHP and I cannot get the layout to work correctly without changing everything on my page. Please help me locate this info and where to move it.

PS. As you will notice in the home, on the right is "You'll Also Like". Anyone have a clue what that is so I can fill it up? I know it's not "Specials"

Thanks in advance & any other suggestions would be appreciated!

-Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Scott. I’m looking to do the same thing. I would like to move the "available options" bar in-between the description title and the description. I'm sure it's easy just not to sure where to look

Jamie

Hi Jamie, we will not be able to suggest changes without seeing the file code :-) ... please post it! If you have a specific position in mind, a screenshot with a nice large red circle would be helpful also...

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Thanks for the reply Monika

I guess my biggest problem is i don't know where to look for the code. After i added "available options" my "add to cart" button moved and my right-hand column move to the left. I think this will fix it self if i make my description shorter(I hope).

What i want to do is move my "available options" and maybe my "add to cart" bottons above my item description. I hope this is clear enough to understand. I'm just started using PHP or oscommerce.

http://www.pinecougar.com/Shopping%20Cart/...;products_id=81 <----here is an Example

Thanks for the reply Monika

I guess my biggest problem is i don't know where to look for the code. After i added "available options" my "add to cart" button moved and my right-hand column move to the left. I think this will fix it self if i make my description shorter(I hope).

What i want to do is move my "available options" and maybe my "add to cart" bottons above my item description. I hope this is clear enough to understand. I'm just started using PHP or oscommerce.

http://www.pinecougar.com/Shopping%20Cart/...;products_id=81 <----here is an Example

before you made this change, were you on a default product_info.php? just so I know I tweak the correct file.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Thanks again for all the help Monika

I just went into “product_info.php” page and figured out how to move "Available Options" up, and with doing that it straighten out everything else. My right and light columns are back to normal. Thank you.

Just had one more question, i have +100 items they all have the same "available options" and the same prices. Would it work if i added code to "product_info.php" page so that my "available options" appeared on every product page. If so, do you know where i could copy this code from. I would have one other problem only two items on my site would not be the same "blank and custom cards". Not sure if this is possible, or is it best just to use "Products Attributes" provided by OsCommerce.

I hope that your having a great day

Jamie

• 5 months later...

It would've been great if you could have posted your solution, I am trying to do the exact same thing, just move the "Available Options" to the top under the name/price of the item, so people actually SEE it. But it's not working and breaking my site/columns exactly like you said it was doing to yours.

Now you found the solution, and just ran away with it... lol don't mean to sound grumpy but god damn it I've just gone through 14 pages of search looking for the solution and nearly every single F**KING thread on the issue, someone posts that they have found the solution and its working fine yet NOBODY actually posted the solution or how they done it exactly, not one of the threads has the answer.

Whats even more annoying is the ones that celebrate like crazy and then say something like "omg it was so easy in the end! i can't beleive i didn't realise that"

No offence to anyone, I've just been up all bloody night trying to finalise my site, and this has had me going for hours now - and it's the same story, the few threads there are on the issue, are all the bloody same... everyone eventually finds what the problem was, yet doesn't say what it was.

What also sucks... is that I know the code I have to move, but the first half of the code moves fine and lines up pefectly... the "Available Options:" part as soon as I try moving the drop down box code, my site breaks!

Please if someone can help me out here, it will be a great relief....

I really need some sleep now 9am now over here, been up too long.

My product_info.php is standard - all i need is for the "Available Options:" and drop down boxes to be under the product name/price, so I guess anyone that knows how to do this could easily do it and post the modified product_info.php and I could use the code from it, if anyone would be kind enough :) please.

Thanks again for all the help Monika

I just went into “product_info.php” page and figured out how to move "Available Options" up, and with doing that it straighten out everything else. My right and light columns are back to normal. Thank you.

Just had one more question, i have +100 items they all have the same "available options" and the same prices. Would it work if i added code to "product_info.php" page so that my "available options" appeared on every product page. If so, do you know where i could copy this code from. I would have one other problem only two items on my site would not be the same "blank and custom cards". Not sure if this is possible, or is it best just to use "Products Attributes" provided by OsCommerce.

I hope that your having a great day

Jamie

Archived