• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

"What is your School,Club etc?" create account

6DV8

I'd like to modify the "Company Name" (Create Account) or invent a new database to keep a track of the affilliated School, Club or association a customer is with. I need to track all purchases to a particular association so I can give a percentage back for their fundraising. A drop down box that they could choose from would be great. I would only have to add each school or club as they join up to that drop down box in ADMIN perhaps????

I reckon that someone with a little more nouse than me could just about set this up eh! I don't think its hard - or not? Just a drop down box so that every purchase that customer makes always gets stored with their club or school. I can tally every month how much each club or school has spent. Then send them back a discount by cheque.

Using the "Company Name" field for account creation would work well for this. You can change the text by it to say something else by altering one of the language files (I forget which one). Changing the form to a dropdown box isn't too difficult, just check out some other dropdown boxes to see how they're structured.

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."

-- Andrew Jackson

Archived