• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Setting up ecommerce site for retail store.

SoniCraze

I have some questions about setting up my oscommerce site to go along side my retail store.

Basically what i want is a way to sell products online..

I want the user to add the products to his shoppnig cart, and when he goes to check out, he has options:

Credit Card: He will enter his card and experation date, this information will be emailed to me and i will verafy it.

PayPal: not quite sure how this will work but was told to use it

Pickup: a customer can just come into the retail store and we will have all there items ready, or if they wanted a custome computer, it will be built and ready to go out the door.

I dont know if there is a module out there that can do this (or any combination) but if there is not and someone wants to code this, we can work on payment options.

Price isnt important i just need this done asap.

Thanks

Credit Card: He will enter his card and experation date, this information will be emailed to me and i will verafy it.

This is possible, and oscommerce has the functionality, the only real requirement is that you have access to a SSL certificate for encrypting your clients CC details.

PayPal: not quite sure how this will work but was told to use it

Paypal is a popular method for online payments, its a easy way for people to pay money out of their saving/credit/check accounts online.

For you implementation, the client would be redirected to a paypal payment page where they would log into paypal and pay you the total.

Paypal would notify you of the payment, and it would be immediately available. Its a good option for those who don't have access to a credit card.

Pickup: a customer can just come into the retail store and we will have all there items ready, or if they wanted a custome computer, it will be built and ready to go out the door.

Would be easy enough to modify oscommerce for this.

Hamish

I tried a practise run on my site to see if I could make a payment by direct debit (Great for people with no credit cards) - But it asked for my credit card details................I'd like to have it do what was mentioned in the reply by Dahammer2.

Archived